WePlay is an award-winning performance marketing agency specialising in sports, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to achieve their commercial and marketing objectives.
We deliver best in class strategic consultancy, creative and media planning and buying services across event marketing, broadcast & streaming, eCommerce, digital sponsorship and audience development.
WePlay is about driving commercial growth and to do this effectively, WePlay needs to have the strongest creative offering possible because creativity is the single most powerful tool for driving marketing effectiveness.
The Creative Director is a new role which will be highly influential in helping define a renewed culture of creativity that values innovation and places experience, technology and data at the centre of communication campaigns and tactics. You will bring a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients.
As an experienced people manager, you will be someone that can inspire others, taking our creativity to a new level as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
The Creative Director should be capable of delivering our clients long-term brand building through storytelling and short-term activations that will cut through the noise.
You will work in partnership with the strategy and accounts directors to help transform the agency’s creative output and capabilities to make WePlay the number one player in the sports digital marketing industry.
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Lead the Creative Team with a vision for digital engagement, which inspires and differentiates the agency as a whole.
- Build client awareness and understanding of WePlay’s creative offering through presentations, public speaking, thought leadership and digital marketing concepts ensuring that these are met with the highest professional standards
- Act as a thought leader, and demonstrate this through original workshop content, client presentations, and published content, which demonstrates your view on creativity as it relates to the sports industry today
- Work in partnership with the strategy team to develop data-inspired creative solutions that solve clients’ challenges
- Inspire and brainstorm fresh ideas, manage deliverables, and captivate the target market
- Develop concepts for campaigns
- Pitch winning ideas to existing clients and new business opportunities
- Be a trusted advisor for clients – always seeking the right solutions for them
- Keep clients and other directors up to speed with project’s progress
- Storyboard and develop ideas for the creative team
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion to deadline
- Optimise campaigns based on data led results
- Develop WePlay’s creative team to extend its capabilities, adding missing skills through hiring or training to deliver innovative creative approaches in line with your vision. This also includes offering motivation, mentorship and leadership both day to day and in the long term.
- Encourage knowledge sharing and learning within the creative department through stand-ups, project wash-ups etc
- Ensure all clients’ visuals are consistent with their overall brand
- Steer and write scripts
- Oversee shoots
- Select external suppliers when necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships with social
- Develop processes that streamline the creative department and help it to work seamlessly with strategy and account teams
- Project management - estimate the time and resource required to deliver projects in order to ensure profitability and sign off projects before they’re presented to clients
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent with a strong trong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- A person with a unique blend of creative vision and business sense
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Time management skills and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Always behave honestly and ethically