Account Manager - PR Week
PRWeek is the world's leading PR and comms publication. In May 2014, it launched the first global PR destination combining the highly regarded US and UK sites and launching a brand new site in Asia. Together, these sites bring a unique regional perspective to global issues with editorial staff based in London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong providing news, insight and opinion on the latest, most critical issues.
PRWeek epitomises the modern business publishing brand, spanning online, print, events, and social media. Breaking news, analysis, and opinion fuels PRWeek and is distributed through the website, bulletins, apps, magazines and via social media. PRWeek hosts must-attend live events for public relations professionals. This includes a full Conference programme, and the Oscars of the PR world, the PRWeek Awards.
About the role:
Due to team growth, we are looking for an Account Manager to join our forward-thinking and creative commercial team. As an Account Manager you will sell advertising, conference and award sponsorship and custom-built marketing solutions to PRWeek’s B2B client base of agencies, tech companies and PR solution providers.
You will work with the Sales Director to proactively source and develop strategic brand partnerships and solutions to contribute towards annual advertising sales revenue.
This is a client-facing role and requires confidence in communicating with C-suite customers. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with an inquisitive and innovative approach. The ideal candidate will have solid B2B media sales experience, but training will be provided for exceptional candidates without this experience.
- Deliver revenue while managing complex advertiser goals
- Become an expert on PRWeek’s solutions and adapt recommendations based on advertiser need
- Maintain and grow existing clients and ensure a clear plan is in place to grow revenues each quarter
- Present complex commercial partnership opportunities to clients, primarily through face to face meetings (or video calls where appropriate)
- Drive new business through research and your own initiative
- Strong negotiation skills
- Assess the commercial potential of new projects and make recommendations and changes when needed
- You’re a polished communicator, both verbally and in writing, and present yourself credibly to senior stakeholders
- You are target driven and ambitious
- You take a positive, confident and resilient approach, with the desire to self-source new business
- You show a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy, and to also work as part of a team
- You have strong organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Your excellent listening skills establish client needs and build excellent rapport, putting the client’s objectives first
What’s in it for you?
- This is a reward-driven position and personal commission targets are uncapped
- While HQ’d in Twickenham, we encourage 40% of your time to be working from home or remotely, providing flexibility and work-life balance
- We provide extensive and ongoing training throughout your career
- Competitive employee benefits
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day each year (to a max of 30)
- We operate as a meritocracy and your success will be rewarded through career development
Our success is fuelled by our talent. Haymarket is a place where you can grow your career and thrive. We are proud of our inclusive culture that allows everyone to be their best. We provide a collaborative, smart working environment and a commitment to your development. If you are creative, smart and obsessive about excellence we want to hear from you.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!