Our client is a leading brand communications agency looking for a Lead Designer to join the creative studio and oversee the small design team. This position is a fixed term maternity contract for 12 months but they are considering permanent too. Their offices are based in central London and they are working a flexi remote system.
- To manage all online and offline design output across the business.
- To provide design solutions with high visual impact that express key messages aligned to the design brief, supported by in depth knowledge of design software and tools.
- Attention to detail, an understanding of design and technical expertise. he ability to work to tight deadlines. An eye for detail and accuracy under pressure.
- Build strong relationships with internal colleagues, clients and associated external parties,
- Developing the skills and abilities of junior colleagues including colleague training to facilitate greater depth of design expertise.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide design support for existing and prospective clients, demonstrating creative flair
- Managing the workload of the design team and recognising where extra support might be needed
- Ability to understand requirements for and produce; infographics, pitch documents, client branding, reports and presentations, advertising and marketing material, websites, videos and much more.
- Stay current on market trends and research that relates to design, communicating and feeding back to other team members
- Ability to take/understand a brief and provide design concepts that fit the brief
- Produce creative design solutions, bringing new and exciting ideas to the table
- Proofing and preparing designs prior to final print
- Building a robust understanding of the brand and business, and adapting and developing the brand
- Designing, preparing and updating new business PowerPoint presentations and client presentations, utilising layout and design skills
- Design and management of client websites
- Graphic design, visual communication, digital design, or related areas of experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office/PowerPoint
- Understanding of web design and the WordPress platform
- Experience in brand identity or creative development
- Video editing experience would be nice to have
- Technically-minded and comfortable learning new software quickly
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organisational skills with the innate ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good understanding of working around various schedules and deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
- Confident when presenting ideas to team members, clients and external parties
- Keeping the momentum going to get stuff done
- Managing expectations through regular communication
- Manage projects and resources (people, material, support) to get things done in an effective and efficient way.
You will be...
- Self-motivated, friendly team player
- Effective in a variety of settings, one to one, small or large groups, with peers, direct reports and managers.
- Experience in working with junior team to build their knowledge and experience of design solutions
- Able to share design skills with wider teams through teach-in and training sessions on PowerPoint tips and techniques
- Develop depth of design knowledge amongst junior team to provide additional support during annual leave and busy periods.
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.