CRM Manager - England
Deliver the FA's core CRM strategy across key audiences to deliver organisation goals
This is a CRM Manager role within The FA's central Marketing team, with a particular focus on England fan audiences, the My England Football rewards programme, Wembley Stadium, the domestic professional game (Emirates FA Cup, The Barclays Women's Super league etc), ticket sales, retail & merchandise and OTT (FA Player).
CRM Campaign Management
- Support the CRM & Membership Lead to deliver the FA email strategy to help the organisation achieve its goal of having direct engagement with every fan & participant of the game on a 1:1 basis.
- Define and deliver the CRM campaign schedule, across myriad of audiences including, England fans, Wembley Stadium and Barclays Women's Super League to deliver engagement and conversion.
- Manage the marketing acquisition & competitions schedule for My England Football, working with Social Media and Content teams to execute campaigns
- Manage the gamification schedule, using Cheetah to build and promote experiences for engaging fans and capturing data.
- Work with the Commercial Partner Managers to identify opportunities for partners across all our brands, both existing and prospective, through our data and digital channels.
- Manage the CRM retail schedule for tickets, merchandise and Wembley Tours.
- Be an expert in ESP email best practice, content and engagement and conversion.
- Have a strong understanding of the GDPR and legal landscape for digital communications.
- Continually learn and develop The FA's Single Participant View data structure to suit the needs of CRM objectives – to make communications as personalised, relevant and engaging as possible
- Work with various internal departments to develop and improve the CRM Team's processes for campaign execution, segmentation and reporting.
- Be an expert in campaign and audience insight and reporting, to continually improve CRM output.
- Work with the Broadcast team to collaborate on FA Player development.
Line Management & Cross Team Working
- Manage 1 x CRM Executive
- Build relationship across the organisation to understand objectives, deliver campaign briefs and deliver CRM projects.
- Be reactive to CRM campaign briefs but also proactive to work with stakeholders to achieve the CRM Team's objectives
- Organise and hold regular one to ones and maintain a high level of communication.
- Promote and develop a positive culture - providing regular feedback and learning opportunities to direct report.
- Create an inclusive, diverse and supportive environment that reinforces the Company values and culture
Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Experience of implementing complex CRM campaign strategies with a focus on data acquisition and engagement
- Expert level experience of ESPs and email best practice
- Experience in CRM, digital and email marketing strategy
- Experience of using marketing practices to acquire new registrations
- Experience of managing membership or loyalty programmes
- Experience of mapping out multi-channel customer journeys across various audiences
- Experience of managing projects related to CRM activity e.g. data, reporting, insight, design, content
- Strong understanding of GDPR and legalities covering digital communications
- A self-starter, capable of handling various projects
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- An ability to be both reactive and proactive
- An ability to respond to assertive challenges from others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects, tasks and schedules and report the status of these.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to the required standard
- A passion for sport, especially football.
- A background in memberships or loyalty schemes
- Experience of data acquisition initiatives or gamified data capture
- Experience in a data driven background
- Experience within Football or other sporting associations
- HTML & SQL knowledge is desired but not essential
Please note that if you applied for the CRM Manager role that was advertised recently, there is no need to apply again as your application will be considered for both roles.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.