Sponsorship Account Manager
SPONSORSHIP ACCOUNT MANAGER
Our client is a leading global media company, delivering cutting-edge analysis, insight, networking and data for financial services and business solutions communities. They offer forward-thinking products and provide high-quality information that leads to better, and informed, decisions.
Their award winning events, supports the Technology and Finance industries in their mission to move the dial on diversity & inclusion. The events address the gender imbalance in these sectors and provide a global platform to showcase advocates, role models, and allies. This growing series works alongside industry champions to share knowledge, break boundaries, and promote the importance of an inclusive workplace.
Having successfully pivoted to virtual events throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, a return to live events combined with a continuation of virtual and hybrid events is planned for 2022.
The successful Sponsorship Account Manager will be responsible for driving sponsorship revenues across the series of conferences and awards, as well as selling bespoke roundtables, breakfast briefings etc.
- Consultative selling is a key part of this role, the right candidate should be able to sell creatively, through solution led selling
- Personal monthly/yearly event sales targets.
- Proactively sourcing and developing potential partners/ sponsors.
- Ensuring all sponsors are integrated and achieve their business objectives.
- Developing and presenting creative and bespoke partnership proposals.
- Establishing a permanent market presence and act as a market specialist supported by the knowledge from internal and external resources.
- Ongoing management of sales leads to help achieve annual business objectives and revenue targets.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Building leads with prospective partners and building an industry network. An aptitude for building relationships with key senior level decision makers within Technology and or Financial Services companies.
- Developing bespoke presentations, including market research and data, to build powerful and persuasive proposals based on the marketing objectives and the business needs of potential clients
- Face to face, telephone and email communications are all key elements of the role so the successful candidate should be presentable, able to communicate articulately and with confidence.
- Creatively using sponsorship assets to build and demonstrate innovative marketing programmes that will add genuine value to potential clients and the event.
- 2-3 years of events sales experience
- A proven track record in driving sales, exceeding targets and building new business
- Demonstrate creative flair, initiative, and the ability to go above and beyond
- Experience working with technology or financial services companies, particularly in delivering event propositions is desirable.
- A genuine interest in diversity & inclusion in the workplace is essential.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to forge relationships quickly.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and follow your own initiative.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- English language skills (written and spoken) to a good standard, other European languages a clear advantage.
- Available to travel to events in North America, Asia and Europe