2 days left
BMJ is seeking an experienced Conference Producer to join our Events team.
The Conference Producer will be responsible for the design and delivery of programmes across a selection of events in the BMJ portfolio. These events will include international conferences of 1000+ participants, and will be held in both face to face and virtual formats.
To be a successful candidate, you will be highly skilled in designing conference programmes based on audience needs, and have experience working in a fast paced and dynamic events environment.
Due to social distancing measures, large sections of our portfolio are being delivered in virtual or hybrid format. A strong knowledge of delivering content virtually is desirable.
Once we return to face to face events, the role holder will be expected to travel internationally 2-3 times per year for conferences or planning trips. Previous destinations have included Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, The Netherlands and Sweden.
- Stakeholder management of partner and programme advisory committees (featuring individuals of CEO level)
- Customer research with target audience groups to understand their needs and what would drive their attendance.
- Management of a scientific abstract review process
- Designing the overall conference programmes, with sign off by Senior Conference Producer
- Speaker management, including providing training on online/virtual content delivery
- Hosting / technical moderation of webinars
- Onsite management of staff looking after programme elements
- Management of speaker budgets
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Designing content for a variety of events; this should include multi stream conferences with a range of different audiences to consider.
- Using desk based research and user feedback (e.g. telephone interviews, surveys) to shape topics for discussion
- Working within a given speaker budget and negotiating fees with speakers and agencies
- Delivering virtual events and webinars
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to quickly digest and understand new concepts and information from across the healthcare industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently
- A working knowledge of the national and international healthcare landscape is desirable, but not essential
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in