Retail Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
JOB TITLE: Retail Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
REPORTING TO: Centre Director and Blackline Creative
HOURS: 40 hours per week
LOCATION: The Bentall Centre, Kingston
START DATE: Late October/Early November
MATERNITY TERM: This is a maternity cover role for an initial period of 6 months.
The Bentall Centre is south-west London's premium retail destination, anchored by Fenwicks, Zara, H&M and a soon to open Curzon Cinema. Blackline Creative are the strategic brand agency responsible for the Bentall Centre brand and marketing and we are seeking to engage an experienced Retail Marketing Manager for a six-month maternity cover role.
The Retail Marketing Manager role is central to the successful coordination and output of The Bentall Centre’s marketing, communication, and customer engagement strategy. The principal aim is for the RMM to foster relationships with our retailers, creative agency and local stakeholders, optimising outcomes for our retail partners and experiences for our customers.
The successful candidate will report to the Centre Director and be able to demonstrate strong communication, coordination, and priority skills with a natural ability to interact effectively with property stakeholders, retailers, centre management team, consumers, and third-party marketing suppliers.
This is a multi-skilled marketing role which requires a self-motivated, flexible, and proactive individual who can take a hands-on approach to all tasks and deliver them collaboratively within agreed timescales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
The RMM will be the conduit between retail insight, retail marketing and driving positive retailer performance. This will require effective relationships with the onsite Retail Liaison Manager, digital media intern and our creative agency, Blackline.
Duties will include
· Relationship building with retail teams from a site and head office perspective to encourage participation in events, activities and to assist in identifying regular content opportunities across digital platforms, including social media, website, and PR. Working in partnership with retailers to ensure relevance and value in all events and campaigns.
· Liaison with landlords, centre managing agent, customers, community groups, local authorities, media partners and surrounding third parties, deciphering partnership opportunities to drive value and outcomes.
· Work alongside Blackline Creative Agency to assist in delivery of the marketing strategy and campaigns.
· Coordinate centre events and activities, leading the in-Centre delivery of our customer engagement strategy.
· Custodian of social media intern, and drive on brand conversational content which will be delivered across the social channels to drive consumer engagement and channel growth.
· Maintain the PR calendar and create press-releases and content across digital platforms such as LinkedIn.
· Co-ordinate all local marketing activity, working with the Kingston BID to support town centre initiatives that are aligned to the Centre’s strategy.
· Regular presentations to retail partners, ensuring aspirations are met and that post event analysis is presented to encourage increased future participation.
· Production of regular site reports, quantifying marketing and event performance and detailing achievements for monthly management reports.
· Provide regular updates of retailer collaboration opportunities, encourage tenants to provide offers and promotions – work with digital marketing and social media team to maximise effectiveness and contribute to the centre’s digital marketing capabilities.
· Create monthly reports reviewing digital engagement and ability to strategize results to drive future footfall, engagement, and retailer conversion.
· Management of expenditure tracking against a fixed annual budget.
· The successful applicant will be expected to have strong organisational skills and be technically proficient in MS Office Products; have an eye for accuracy and be able to work to and meet deadlines; working under pressure and the ability to multi-task are essential. The role includes maintaining client/centre systems; dealing with function administration; supplier and client invoicing.
· Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns is essential in order to respond to the demands of a busy retailing and leisure environment. This position will involve occasional evening and weekend work to manage the marketing events as outlined in the centre marketing strategy.
· To always maintain confidentiality and under no circumstances to divulge to a third party any information relating to the operation of the centre whether considered to be of a confidential nature or not.
· The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Obtained a Marketing Degree or similar qualifications.
- Proven experience in retail marketing and understanding of key marketing principles.
- Good understand of multichannel marketing and have experience of running multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of target marketing and customer segmentation techniques.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Copywriting skills are essential.
- Have experience of briefing agencies.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to influence and challenge when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to work at pace and deliver results even with tight deadlines, thriving under pressure.
- Note: The successful candidate will be employed by Blackline Creative, but report to the Centre Director. The current Retail Marketing Manager will train the candidate in all Centre Marketing processes and the marketing strategy for peak trading through to Spring and Summer 2022.