Campaign Manager - Entry Level
From a UK print publisher to the best international specialist media and information company in the world. Our market-leading brands help their audiences when it really matters - from buying their next car to changing their careers. It takes true expertise to earn that kind of trust, which is why we only employ market specialists.
Our five values are not empty words to trot out at company meetings. Every judgement we make is benchmarked against them: Integrity. Creativity. Expertise. Innovation. Respect.
In the commercial team, our business is to help our advertisers reach the right audiences at the right time. We are experts who know how to make the most of our client’s spend. And with a global audience of almost 20 million engaged consumers and professionals, we're almost certain to do just that. Our clients are looking for ROI and Haymarket has proved time and again that we know how to deliver.
About the role
Our Campaign Management team have a fast paced and exciting environment, responsible for delivering our client’s advertising and delivering outstanding ROI. We're looking for a motivated individual to take a hands-on role in all levels of advertising operations.
The Campaign Manager manages a portfolio of campaigns for top brands, with a core responsibility to deliver commercially sold campaigns that achieve sales and client’s goals - predominantly focused on impressions, clicks, acquisitions and leads.
Through strong analysis of campaign performance across Haymarket Automotive’s network of sites, the Campaign Manager will optimise activity to deliver outstanding results and value for both Haymarket and our clients. The role is part of a wider team and the successful candidate will have significant responsibility and become a key member of the team.
Campaign Planning and Goal Setting
- Works with clients, sales and account managers to set achievable and valuable goals for individual campaigns and advertisers. This could include branding targets of engagement metrics, click performance, leads, etc
- Plans client activity through Haymarket’s adbooking tool to forecast, check availability and confirm bookings
- Is responsible for ensuring the full delivery of a campaign as contracted/ordered
- Works with Audience Acquisition and Marketing teams to deliver traffic requirements
- Provides campaign reporting both internally and externally
- Responsible for ensuring the success of campaigns against agreed campaign goals
- Ensures conversion tracking is enabled where necessary
- Conducts detailed campaign performance analysis for example, against other campaigns, across site(s), inventory types, audience segments or other targeting options to identify opportunities to improve campaign performance
- Plan and implement tests that produce statistically significant results that can be used to improve campaign performance
- Schedules campaign optimisation recommendations
- Produce presentations on campaign performance showing trends, analysis, learnings and actionable recommendations with the goal of retaining and increasing client spend
- Highly analytical
- Numerate and IT literate
- Comfortable working with data / Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- First-rate client management skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate workload to meet deadlines and SLA's
- Must be able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to deal with people at all levels
- Highly motivated to work in the field of digital advertising
- Experience of DFP or other ad serving technology (desirable but not essential)
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of english rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.