Marketing Executive – CRM
Marketing Executive – CRM
About the team:
Great Western Railway’s marketing department has been on a transformational journey over recent years. Rebranding in 2015, we have built an ambitious and successful team, with award-winning brand campaigns, expanding our reach across our network, driving an ambitious and effective CRM programme, and working with some of the best-known travel and leisure brands in the UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Sales and Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior CRM Manager to support delivery of the CRM strategy to drive recovery.
About the job:
This is a role, working as part of a team to plan and deliver a range of tactical and strategic CRM campaigns supporting the business in achieving revenue targets from new and existing customers across GWR’s network. You will ensure that our brand, destinations, price and product messages are delivered consistently across relevant and key communication channels, from our website, email, post, app and through social and external media.
Specific day to day responsibilities will cover the day-to-day ownership and independence of GWR’s CRM programme. You will also work across Campaign, Regional and Loyalty areas, enabling you to build your marketing experience and knowledge.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Working with the Senior CRM Manager to manage day to day agency relationships (creative, media, CRM/Loyalty, data targeting) to maximise ROI and drive database growth.
- Conceptualisation (and support) business case development of campaigns, including working with the data analytics and revenue insight team.
- Writing CRM and Campaign briefs for the CRM agency, to support the CRM strategy.
- Obtaining sign off all materials and maintaining the compliance sign off audit trail.
- Build a day-to-day relationship with Regional Marketing Managers, External Communications, Revenue, Loyalty, Social Media, Customer Experience, Procurement, Legal, Retail, Digital departments. Work cross-functionally to gather insights and data for campaigns and establish KPIs / key measures. Ensure that all messages are relevant and consistent with the overall communication strategy.
- Preparing the content for CRM campaign, and working with CRM agency to develop collateral. Engaging internal stakeholders such as Operations and Legal to ensure the correct support.
- Liaising with the CRM agency to ensure data selection and validation, and managing the print, broadcast and production cycles.
- Briefing customer service and fulfilment teams on any new campaigns and implementation of campaign tracking procedures.
- Working with the Senior CRM Manager to develop the correct evaluation metrics for all campaign activity.
- Maintain track of all CRM campaign reporting – including supporting the preparation of internal reports with the findings and recommendations.
- Resolution of operational resource constraints in order to fulfil planned activities (or add additional business critical activities)
- Other ad-hoc marketing support as required to ensure the smooth-running operation of the Marketing team.
You’ll need to be:
- Able to foster strong, positive teamwork, pulling together to deliver agreed objectives
- Responsible and able to work effectively and with an understanding of risk
- Keen to own and implement projects independently
- Accountable for own performance, able to work collectively and supportively as part of the marketing team, whilst having the confidence to work independently and deliver objectives and responsibilities.
As a minimum you’ll need to have:
- Previous CRM marketing experience (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Practical knowledge and experience of customer segmentation, marketing campaigns, retention and acquisition
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – must be able to present and produce analysis and reports to an exacting standing
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills
- Focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience in the travel/retail/leisure sector
- Strong computer literacy – Excel/Word/PowerPoint
About the location:
The role will be based in London. With walking distance from Paddington station.
We are now embracing hybrid working however some travel across our network and GWR offices and our Marketing agencies will be required.
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.