Marketing and Business Development Manager
Marketing and Business Development Manager – Intellectual Property Firm – Role based in Birmingham or London
Our client is a leading full service firm of patent and trade mark attorneys with an international client base. They have offices in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, they have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite their long history they are a young firm with a fresh approach to their clients’ requirements and employee career progression. They are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join their friendly Marketing team in either their Birmingham or London office. This is an exciting and varied role where you will support their partners in developing their national and international client base.
The Business Development Manager will aim to ensure the strategic and operational objectives of the Business Development team are executed effectively within this leading intellectual property firm.
To be effective in the role you will also be required to attend some ‘out of hours’ events and travel as necessary, to their regional offices and occasionally overseas, including to their Munich office.
A full job description is available on their website or upon request, but as an example, some duties will consist of:
- To work closely and support fee earners and partners in order to develop appropriate strategic business development and marketing plans; provide support to facilitate the delivery and support of this essential activity.
- Create and execute targeted marketing campaigns and events designed to raise their profile and win new business in their key focus areas.
- Manage, develop and coach your team; conduct appraisals and reviews in order to manage their performance effectively
- Develop, build and maintain excellent working relationships with all third party suppliers: branding/PR/events etc.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of any events within the UK and overseas and also for internal/external clients e.g. drinks receptions/seminars/company away days etc.
- Support the organisation of promotional travel activity (UK and Overseas); budget management and reporting.
You will have demonstrable experience of working at senior management level and must previously have worked within a professional services (business development) role. If you have IP or legal firm experience, this would be seen as extremely advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products and CRM systems
- Pro-active approach to projects
Ideally you will have a Degree in Marketing or Business Admin and/or hold a relevant professional marketing qualification e.g. CIM. Alternatively you should be able to demonstrate the level of skill and experience acquired through previous roles.
Amongst other benefits, they offer a competitive salary, annual performance-related profit share bonus, flexible working (core hours), a 35 hour working week, 31 days annual leave, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan, Cycle Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, and a professional and pleasant working environment.
Closing date: 9th November 2021.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
Please state in the cover letter your salary expectation, and if you have the right to work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.