Location: London SE1 / remote working arrangements
Contract: Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Hours: 37.5 hours
This Not-for-profit organisation are looking for a passionate, creative communicator with project management skills to join their Marketing and Communications team.
The charity works with communities across the capital to transform their lives and the places they live. They have been at the forefront of social and environmental regeneration in London for over 25 years, and today they have a simple mission: to create better places, improve people’s prospects, and promote greener living and working. They are passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny, and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances.
The Communications Team role is to engage with London’s diverse range of communities, ensuring they know what services are available to benefit them, and to celebrate their good news stories. The team work closely with project delivery teams to develop and implement communications strategies that are specific to each of their wide range of environmental and social action projects. This means they can effectively promote and increase engagement with their projects and services and highlight the real changes the organisation makes to people’s lives.
As Communications Officer, you will be an ambassador and guardian of the charity’s brand. The role requires strong communication and project management skills and the ability to produce high quality content for a range of different audiences across a range of media channels. You will be responsible for writing project communication strategies, producing creative content and copywriting, with an emphasis on online and social media, and ensuring these are delivered on time and on brief.
Please apply if you have experience in:
● Writing and implementing communications plans for projects or campaigns
● Communicating compelling stories and key messages to specific target audiences through a variety of mediums
● Experience developing and maintaining strong media relations to deliver positive media coverage for a charity or company
● Producing high-quality visual content and engaging copywriting, with an emphasis on online and social media
● Monitoring and reporting on performance of communications and campaigns
● Applying basic-intermediate graphic design principles to produce content for a range of mediums, including digital and print
● Organising and delivering high-profile events
● Working as part of a busy, high performing team
Closing date for applications: 12pm 1st November 2021
Interview date: Wc 8th November 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
Please click the apply button. You will be prompted to complete a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please.