Senior Marketing Strategy Manager
Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Marketing Strategy Manager to cover Maternity in our Marketing team within our Head Office in Deeside, near Chester.
Purpose of the role:
To drive the business forwards through trade/brand initiatives that add value to both the customer and Iceland. You will lead development of key projects within the marketing department that sit outside of the regular trade marketing/planning cycles whilst assessing the feasibility of how they sit within the broader group marketing plan.
Day to day activities:
- Create business and marketing plans to present potential projects, and liaise with wider business to get relevant buy in and information to allow for full planning process
- Work with commercial finance/online data team to forecast incrementality of potential projects and ROI
- Finalise projects within the broader marketing plan, including budget allocation, funding and income in collaboration with marketing planning and communications teams
- Effectively hand off projects to marketing team(s) at the point of sign-off for production and delivery
- Look at market trends and insight to identify potential project/campaigns/opportunity to drive incremental sales across core/FWH/Online/Home Delivery
- Management of the Bonus Card app proposition, creating a clear roadmap for development working with IT and dev teams to ensure a customer focused proposition with key functionality incorporated.
- Ongoing management of the Bonus Card app development (using 3rd parties where required) and marketing strategy to ensure its continued success
- Ownership of the marketing strategy to drive growth and new customers to the Uber Eats channel
- Manage our shopper media agency to grow incremental revenue
- Approval of all supplier activity in house and management of communication across channels
- Share regular updates with the senior team on performance of campaigns and delivery of revenue numbers
- Good working knowledge of the retail/food industry
- Understanding of marketing comms channels and their roles
- Proven experience in creating and implementing Marketing strategies and plans
- Understanding of shopper media
- Ability to influence and inspire those around you
- Experience in creating business plans including forecasted financial and customer insight
- Agile and responsive to trading requirements while looking at long term opportunities
- Motivated, driven and determined, ability working independently while forming part of a much larger team
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care. Our standard benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.