Senior Campaign Executive
We’re Haymarket Media Group - a leading international specialist media, information and technology business. We produce over 60 market-leading brands and services created by almost 2,000 people in the UK, US, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany.
As we embark on an exciting new phase of our transformation journey, introducing new tools and processes, this is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate with solid experience in B2B email and marketing automation, who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, high volume environment, to join our highly specialist, tight-knit Marketing Operations team.
Coordinating offshore resources to support day to day activities, you will focus on working collaboratively with marketing colleagues across the business, using your knowledge of data/segmentation, best practice email marketing and automation capabilities, to help shape and refine campaigns and workflows, to improve existing and support the roll out of new programmes.
Responsible for all aspects of campaign/program creation and execution —inclusive of target selection, list segmentation, email compliance, email creation, workflow development, reporting, and performance optimization, inc
- Act as an expert for HBM marketing technologies providing insight and guidance to marketing teams on how to optimise and best deliver campaigns using marketing data/technology/automation to achieve the maximum benefits and return on investment.
- Designing and building campaign workflows.
- Creating and modifying HTML emails & landing pages.
- A/B testing and best-practice sharing.
- Reporting on and optimising marketing campaigns.
- Building both one-off and automated/triggered campaigns.
- Optimising the Lead flow to sales
- Supporting marketing in understanding and best use of data/identifying and building new segmentation opportunities based on audience behaviour, demographics, geographies etc.
- Identifying opportunities where automation could improve engagement/ conversion, reduce manual tasks/free up time, or improve customer experience across both Campaign and Bulletin programs.
- Workload and calendar management - Coordinating day to day activities of outsourced resource to ensure all campaign requests are delivered to agreed requirements and timescales, managing expectations accordingly
- Supporting outsourced campaign team members in the execution of complex campaigns
- Ensuring there is clear and up to date documentation for all campaign processes including campaign booking, setup, testing, deployment, QA and post campaign reporting.
- Hands-on experience of working with marketing automation platforms to deliver both one off and automated/triggered campaigns, in a high-volume environment.
- Some knowledge with HTML & CSS (incl. responsive design).
- Strong email marketing background.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Logical and technical thinker – likes to build processes and solve problems.
- Confident, self-starter, not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of Data Protection and data security procedures
- B2B background desirable, but not essential
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.