Innovation Design Lead
Innovation Design Lead, London, £45-£60k DOE
Are you an Innovation Design Lead looking for your next big challenge? This Innovation Design Lead role will be working at one of the most innovative, well-respected mobile and consumer tech brands across the world. Being here you’ll have the opportunity to lead the team through the innovation and research process and deliver business context into every stage of the project.
This Innovation Design Lead role will entail working at the intersection of strategy and design to drive competitive advantage and strategic innovation, whilst constantly being connected to the consumer experience and insights underpinning the user value. As an Innovation Design Lead, you will work within a team with a broad set of user centred design skills to bring a variety of concepts, experiences, and solutions to life and into the market.
The successful Innovation Design Lead will be responsible for:
- Helping lead innovation projects from start to finish, alongside members of the I&I team, including working with and leading external partners
- Co-creating a profitable new consumer experience, product, service, platform, or business ecosystem
- Developing the strategy, business model, and system
- Identifying and developing a go-to-market roadmap for a new solution
- Becoming the business champion within the innovation process ensuring the revenue opportunity is considered in each stage of development
- Designing, running, and measuring experiments that integrate and feeds back the business need into new concepts
- To support the team in the proposing, winning, and managing of Innovation projects
This Innovation Design Lead will preferably have:
- 4-5 years of full-time working experience in the business design field
- Must have depth of understanding in business first and foremost and some understanding of design, rather than depth in design and some understanding of business
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (subject area is not important, although an MBA, or Masters in Business, Statistics, Marketing, or related field is preferred)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of working with market and business data in relation to new product (or service) development
- Systems thinking and experience bringing ideas to market (creating new solutions, launching new products, etc)
- Must have strong eye for business; broad knowledge or exposure to strategy, marketing, finance, operations, product development, etc.
If this sounds like the perfect Innovation Design Lead role for you, please get in touch quoting job reference SP058.