Marketing Membership Manager
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
New London Architecture (NLA), London's leading independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital, is looking for a Membership Marketing Manager to join its dynamic and highly respected team.
Our busy year-round programme of events, exhibitions, publications and research addresses the key issues affecting the city's built environment and drives the debate about its future. We provide a platform for our broad network of professionals, politicians and the public to meet, share knowledge and shape a better city. We're London's greatest advocates, sharing our passion and knowledge about the capital. Our fast- growing membership of over 500 organisations spans both the public and private sector, including architects and designers, developers, engineers, planners, agents, public sector bodies and product manufacturers.
We are based in central London, with offices in Great Sutton Street, Clerkenwell, Basinghall Street, The City and Coal Drops Yard, Kings Cross, with interactive models of Central London and the City, for events and public engagement.
The Membership Marketing Manager will provide a strategic link between the Marketing and Client Relationship teams, helping to shape marketing content and campaigns with a high-level knowledge of the NLA network and membership benefits. The role will also include taking ownership of data management and providing a strategic steer on how to maximise and streamline our data.
Report to – Director
Main duties and responsibilities
* To develop an annual membership marketing strategy that links to budget ambitions and meets agreed membership targets across the year
* To plan and deliver the membership marketing strategy to include campaigns for targeting new NLA members at all levels. This will include social media campaigns, direct mailers, and physical presence on-site.
* To monitor and evaluate marketing campaigns, reporting on results and feeding this back into the marketing strategy
* To work with the Client Relationship team to understand the varying needs and requirements for all NLA member sectors in order to produce relevant content.
* To ensure all sales documents are kept up to date across all NLA’s activities so the team have the latest information to share with clients
* To establish baseline data on new membership in order to set growth targets
* To be the CRM lead for the business (Hubspot), working with all teams to agree approach and ensure it’s used by everyone across the business
* To assess and analyse capabilities of current data systems and develop a business case for any upgrades or improvements. This includes Hubspot, Xero, and the digital platform.
* To line manage the Membership Coordinator.
* To attend and contribute to regular team meetings with both the Marketing and Client Relationship teams and provide updates on both sides. Essential Skills & Experience
* Minimum 2-years’ experience in sales and marketing management role
* Experience promoting an organisation by reaching out to new audiences, clients and/or stakeholders
* Able to create and execute a marketing strategy
* Able to create compelling marketing assets for use by client relationship and new business team
* Strategic thinker and creative contributor able to respond to and manage different stakeholders needs
* Excellent project / campaign and time management skills
* Ability to use databases and market intelligence to identify and refine target lists
* Proficient use of CRM systems
* Excellent communicator and collaborator
* Experienced line manager
* Strong initiative and ability to self-motivate
* An understanding of the built environment and/or understanding of a professional business or membership organisation would be beneficial
Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please follow the link to our website, this will link to the recruitment page where you can apply sending your CV and a covering letter no later than Friday 5th November 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.