Senior Brand Strategist - Purpose
Senior Brand Strategist - Purpose
Our client is a specialist consultancy operating in the brand strategy arena, with a particular depth of experience in brand purpose. Their output is predominantly strategy - thinking, writing, and illustrating. Their strategic model is deep and transformational.
The client mix is fascinating and varied, tending to be a mix of innovative B2C orientated projects for clients, across retail financial services, cultural, niche technology brands, universities and home retailers, private equity. There is also an international flavour to their work. Projects typically extend into brand architecture, visual identity and culture and engagement.
As a Brand Strategy Consultant, you will be ambitious to further advance your capabilities in a strategic role, applying your thinking in a rigorous and intellectually challenging environment. You'll be focused on strategy development, content development, working on pitches and helping out with new business development.
- You’ll be working with a variety of successful domestic and international brands in tech, financial services, healthcare, hotels, retail, food, spaces and places, and more. Building expertise and experience throughout the entire project process
- Formulating key insights and structure such that strategic implications are revealed. Supporting role in stakeholder interviews ensuring key discussion points are covered and probed. Structuring and delivering the insight diagnostic.
- Simplifying the complex and creating a path for the future
- Crafting compelling strategic brand options and stories which respond to the diagnostic. Creating bridging strategy programmes to link strategy with implementation.
- Playing a key role in workshop design, presentation and facilitation to client executive teams.
- Creating mobilisation plans that demonstrate real understanding of the business and client context. Bringing the strategy to life across the business and briefing teams for onward programmes of work.
You are likely to have a minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing - perhaps market research, marketing communications, brand management and strategy, or client facing roles, ideally working across consumer facing brands.
With a good understanding and appreciation of the role and value of purpose
Experience of working alone and as part of team to drive strategy
Strategic thinking – it is the quality of our client’s strategic response which perhaps more than anything creates value for their clients, in turn this is founded on the forensic research and investigation. So a Brand Strategy Consultant needs to be both analytical and creative – as well as inquisitive, well-informed and genuinely fascinated by each new client challenge. You’ll love the intellectual challenge of finding the right solution, to challenge accepted ways of doing things, and not afraid to defend new ideas if it’s right for the client.
Client management – your role will be client facing, you’ll need to be articulate and astute, empathetic and intuitive. Used to working with senior people, you’ll need to be adaptable and resilient, persuasive and a true problem solver.
The successful candidate will join a highly innovative and pioneering consultancy in an influential role. There is ample scope to grow and expand the position and fast track career advancement is encouraged.
You might also be interested in Rare Coaching which focuses on career coaching. There is a lot of flexibility in how this service works and we are able to adapt to a variety of client needs. So for example, some people find they need lots of help at the initial stages of 'what's next?' and so we work with them to generate ideas, explore who they are and what matters most to them. Other people already have an idea of what they want to do and so the focus of the coaching sessions is more about how they achieve that.
We're happy to arrange an initial, no fee conversation to explore how Career Coaching might help you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org