Senior Social Media Manager
Who we are
Smiley Movement is a non-profit organisation sponsored by the original Smiley brand. Our vision is to inspire positive change in the society by creating a happier, more equal and sustainable world. Our mission is to help non-profits better engage with the public, secure resources needed to fulfil their mission and scale out to reach more people.
Our ambition is to help charities meet the public demand for their services to ensure nobody is left behind. Through positive journalism we aim to educate the public about the big issues in society, mobilise good ideas and highlight solutions we can all adopt. We curate written and video content to amplify the messages and campaigns of charities and promote them across Smiley’s public channels. Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for anyone, anywhere to support causes they care about and start doing good.
Smiley Movement is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with no political or religious affiliations. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires on merit and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What we do
Our work is guided by 17 Sustainable Development Goals prioritized by the United Nations and we deliver our mission in four ways:
- Smiley News – a daily source of good news stories about everyday heroes, charities and organizations making a difference in the world; highlight their strategies for change, impact to date and how the public can support their work (donate, fundraise, volunteer). Public demand for positive news shot up during the 2020 pandemic which resulted in growing our community to 137,000 online followers to date.
- Smiley Talks –engaging panel discussions with influential charity partners to engage the public in important topics affecting the community (from mental health, gender equality, poverty to climate change); enlightening the public with evidence of the issue, presenting a holistic view of the challenge, inspiring positive changes in attitudes towards the subject and promoting a clear course of remedial action. To date we’ve hosted 20 events with 80 partners viewed by over 250K+ people.
- Smiley Network – our ‘matchmaker for good’ platform, and online community that brings people and organizations together to do good, matches people from charities in need of support with corporates and volunteers looking to help. We believe everyone has the power to make a difference and our network aims to help make doing good easy.
- Defiant Optimism. – our newly launched podcast platform interviewing and in conversation with everyday changemakers, optimistically supporting charities through their personal endeavours
Charity Film Awards – the world’s leading cause-related film awards that recognises and rewards exceptional charity films that inspire positive change in the world. The CFAs are a unique opportunity to engage with the charity sector, create inspiring content by filming and interviewing contestants and help them raise awareness of their wonderful work.
Senior Social Media Manager - London based:
During an exciting and busy time at Smiley Movement we are looking for a Senior Social Media Manager with a minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably from a non-profit background (although not essential).
This position would suit someone with a shared vision to inspire positive change in the society by creating a happier, more equal and sustainable world and play a fundamental role in the day to day management of all social channels. Day- to – day activities will involve creating and executing the social media for the company with the aim to drive growth, engagement and increase traffic.
- Work with the team to support activations driving the Social Media Strategy for UK and International and responsible for executing the strategy across all social channels – Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Analysing the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy, offering quarterly reports to the management team.
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager on the overall digital marketing plan
- Responsible for ensuring social media posts are being delivered effectively – on the right channels, to the right audience at the right time.
- Creating social media content, working with the team in terms of devising and executing wider campaigns on social media to increase reach, drive growth and traffic to our website.
- Confident in communicating with the charity sector and internal editorial team to create unique content for all social platforms.
- Working with the team to integrate editorial into our social scheduling calendar.
- Working with the creative team to coordinate production of ‘bespoke content for social’
- Monitoring and responding to customer feedback, comments and social media posts.
- Identify new platform opportunities and content streams to help grow our awareness.
- Will suit a creative, enthusiastic digital savvy candidate from an agency or multi brand background
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Passion for social media and thorough knowledge and understanding of all key platforms.
- Creative flair and an eye for great imagery.
- Experience using social content management tools and social listening platforms.
- Microsoft Excel.