Senior Account Executive
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
About your role:
After a successful year within the team we are growing and looking for a motivated individual who is ready for their next challenge.
- You will be responsible and accountable for effectively managing your existing and assigned client base (direct organisations and advertising agencies), to build relationships, retain revenue and generate growth.
- Through a consultative approach you will improve client service and sales of our product portfolio & solutions across partnered content, digital branding solutions, data-led products and traditional advertising.
- You will be expected to convert incoming leads at a high rate and high opportunity value.
- To work closely & collaborate with your team members across sales and marketing to ensure team strategy is understood and you are all working as one. Additional collaboration with external teams is advised to assist with client and commercial development.
- Meet personal & team KPI’s and revenue targets set by the commercial director to ensure business and professional development objectives are achieved.
What does success look like in this role?
To flourish and succeed in this role, you will:
- Grow revenue from existing accounts and have a high conversion rate of incoming opportunities.
- Generate a high percentage of revenue through our suite of premium solutions - content, data-driven products and lead-generation.
- Increase the number of contracts & partnerships within your client split.
- Maintain effective coverage of existing client base and consistently hit personal KPI’s and revenue targets
- Manage your time effectively to ensure workload and administration is complete on time, as well as proactively taking ownership of your career development through training, workshops and one-to-ones with management.
We are looking for someone who has already gained some level of sales experience, has a passion in the art of sales and a desire to grow within the role and at Haymarket. In addition:
- Proven commercial experience, ideally in media or B2B
- Strong skills in persuasion, negotiation and closing
- You can work under pressure, manage time effectively and have strong organisational skills
- You are a good communicator and have excellent listening skills
- You are target driven and goal-orientated
- You can work autonomously, use your own initiative and excel as part of a team
- You have good attention to detail, can solve problems and seek solutions.
- You have the desire to learn new skills
Why work with us?
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.