Head of Marketing
The Participation Marketing team sits within the Strategy and Business Engagement team and promotes public engagement services and activities which enhance the public’s understanding of the work of the House of Commons and House of Lords.
We work to improve the co-ordination of marketing activities across the 2 main delivery areas – Education and Engagement and Visitor Experience – and provide data driven marketing solutions to open up the work of Parliament to underserved audiences throughout the UK.
The Head of Marketing role will allow you to steer the direction and lead on a range of UK-wide marketing campaigns including; tours of the Palace of Westminster, educational visits, outreach work, retail and heritage collections; an opportunity to get involved in specialist Parliament-wide projects including the Elizabeth Tower, Audience strategy, Anniversaries and the good data project; opportunity to oversee the management and development of both B2C and B2B marketing campaigns. This Head of Marketing will be a great role for you to experience leading a creative and innovative marketing team – with the ability to pilot new initiatives and ‘use and test and learn’ approach to the teams work and will allow you to work in a highly collaborative team, working closely with colleagues in a variety of disciplines across the whole of Parliament.
The skills and experience required for the Head of Marketing will be:
- Experience of successfully managing marketing activity and demonstrating the resulting impact, ROI and satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse marketing team, inspiring and motivating team members with a range of skills and experience to collectively meet stretching KPIs while upholding principles of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Ability to adopt different marketing approaches as necessary to promote both free and paid-for products and services.
- Track record of using audience insight and intelligence to drive strategic marketing decisions and to better reach and influence target audiences.
- Highly organised and with the ability to take a strategic approach to planning and delivery of initiatives over the long-term and in line with agreed budgets.
- Experience of successfully influencing and building productive working relationships with senior stakeholders and an ability to manage expectations when stakeholders have different priorities and objectives.
If you are interested please submit an application form via the recruitment portal, where you would need to demonstrate how you meet criteria 1 to 6.
Please refer to the job description for more information.