Director of Community Marketing
Do you have experience scaling a highly engaged community whose members are majority online with elements of in-person activity? Do you have experience in creating editorial content and managing digital platforms for communities? Are you excited by the prospect of building something unique in the marketing industry?
This role is an incredible opportunity to play a key part in shaping the nascent "What's Possible Community" of growth-minded marketers at a point of explosive growth for the What's Possible Group.
What's Possible is the only harmonious marketing services group serving dynamic growth brands. But What's Possible is not just our name. It's also an attitude, a mindset, and the guiding principle of everything we do.
We believe that growth-minded people - people that ask, "what's possible?" - are the future of this industry. So we've created the What's Possible Community for them: ambitious, results-driven marketers who love learning and sharing practical ideas to grow their businesses.
Sitting at the group's heart, What's Possible Community is open to marketers operating at all levels in dynamic growth brands. Being part of this unique community means members benefit from the combined knowledge and experience of some of the most exciting minds in growth marketing. Members can build professional connections and access opportunities and learning to develop their growth potential.
The online community platform allows members to sign up for events, meet other members, access articles and event recordings and get exclusive offers and training.
Salary circa £65-75k D.O.E.
The Director of Community Marketing role is new. Reporting to the Managing Partner of Group Marketing, you will help us deliver on our mission to build and sustain a thriving community of growth-minded marketers who come together over what they care about – building and sustaining dynamic growth brands.
The Director of Community Marketing will bring exceptional experience and leadership in building online communities and editorial content. You will:
- Listen carefully to our members to understand what they want from their community
- Design the community marketing strategy, including product development, promotions, and measurement framework
- Create and oversee the delivery of the editorial content calendar and community features to serve member needs
- Ensure the online community experience is seamless, driving high-frequency engagement and a strong sense of belonging for our members
- Elevate the role of the online platform as a destination in itself with added value for community members through exclusive content, offers, training, and networking features
- Help to deliver our community outreach programme to grow our diverse member base exponentially and inclusively
- You can articulate what makes a community successful because you have strong performance and contribution to the growth of an online community.
- You are an advocate of the power of community; you bring people with a shared purpose together with energy and passion.
- You have a background in communications, content strategy and creation; you love to get your hands dirty in content development; you are equally happy coaching your editorial manager and getting into the weeds to understand things.
- You are strategic and commercial. You are intensely curious about and will find data to back what our members want and need and what makes our community unique; you care deeply about our members' outcomes and the role our community plays in them.
- You understand online behavioural psychology and know how to harness members' needs to create habitual engagement.
- You can work with third party community platform software and its limitations while practising the art of the possible and pushing for the best possible experience.
- You have an eye for good design and user experience and high standards to match.
- You love data; you create hypotheses but always look to data as the source of truth.
- You're highly collaborative; you will be part of a growing marketing team with diverse skills and will work with specialist teams across the group, our clients, partners and, of course, community members.
We provide an exciting, fast paced, people first environment that allows everyone to grow, learn and thrive. We encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances, individual, and business needs.
We offer all our employees share options, and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing.
- Passion: You share your excitement about what drives you
- Inquisitiveness: Ask "what's possible?". Ask "why not?".
- Caring: Be a good professional, a good colleague and a good human.
- Knowledge: Know plenty. Share it. Learn more.
And we live them every day #IamPICK
Sound good to you? Then get in touch. We don’t bite.
At The What's Possible Group our culture, our creativity and our passion is powered by people. People just like you. Diversity and difference drive innovation, not only for us but also for our clients and is at the heart of everything that we do.
The What's Possible Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age as we seek to recruit the very best at The What's Possible Group from a diverse talent pool. If you require flexible working options please still get in touch and we’ll be as accommodating as we can.