Research & Innovations Director (Market Research)
A Research & Innovations Director / Market Research Director, who has exceptional communications skills, is needed to join a leading group who are giving voice and stage to global renewables and clean tech leaders. Expect to step in and take a customer focused, consultative approach to solving issues. You will have superb listening skills and know the right questions to ask to delve into customer problems to deliver outstanding solutions.
Utilising customer research and your excellent writing skills you will conduct member surveys, build out working groups and forums, invest in thought leadership programmes and contribute to new and existing content initiatives, delivered across their membership programme that drives their community and content to the next level.
You can either work from their office in Oxford or Home – you choose.
Employing a message first approach, this leading brand is renowned for delivering campaigns that create real momentum and tangible results for clients within the international energy, maritime and financial services markets. Owing to continued success, the agency is now seeking a Research & Innovations Director / Market Research Director to join in this newly created position, that’s focuses on building the strategic direction of a busy programme, evolving it to deliver against critical customer needs. It will be your thirst to challenge the ‘normal way of doing things’ that encourages new thinking and grows their reputation.
Working alongside the divisional MD, the Research & Innovations Director / Market Research Director will be responsible for the planning, development, and rollout of a carefully managed programme of enhanced membership services. Utilising your excellent communication and analytical skills you will link up and connect ideas and people to see the patterns emerging, through conversations, surveys and constant touch points with their community.
In short, it will be your job to align new initiatives directly with the needs of members, working closely with the team to shape these products. You will do this by undertaking:
- Member surveys
- Member conversations and customer meetings
- Attending industry events to determine content themes and opportunities for development
- Content output: articles, reports, customer interviews/videos etc, podcasts
To qualify... You could be a Research & Innovations Director / Market Research Director / Marketing Communications Director / Market Research Consultant / Marketing Engagement Director / Market Research & Content Director / Strategic Market Research Director / Research Lead or similar, we don’t mind as long as your CV demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Market analyst / Market Research role.
- Advanced skills in both written and verbal communications (you must be able to understand and write/present for a range of audiences).
- You are intellectual curiosity, a thought leader, analytical bent, with the ability to continually receive and incorporate ideas and feedback.
- A good knowledge of project management and campaign/time planning.
- Experience of working in the live event/content environment.
- Proven ability to manage content projects to deadline.
- Excellent attention to detail and a confident and likeable manner.
- Ability to develop strong commercial & editorial relationships.
- Good negotiating skills, confidence, and discretion.
- Interest in global renewable energy and clean technology.
If you are super analytical, can write like a dream and are looking for a place where you'll tackle big problems alongside some of the most dynamic and resourceful people you've ever worked, in a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to suggest ideas and get involved then this might just be the role for you!!