ABOUT BEARDED KITTEN
Bearded Kitten is an award-winning creative experience agency that prides itself on bringing innovative ideas to life.
Born from the belief that anything is possible, Bearded Kitten started life as a madcap festival sideshow and has grown into an award-winning experience agency. We work with global brands, delivering innovative immersive concepts to the experiential market.
Every day we strive to be the cream of the crop, the bees knees, the cats pyjamas. That means looking inwards as well as outwards, to make sure our culture is truly epic.
- Take ownership of the staffing schedule for both fulltimers & freelancers, assigning individual responsibilities and making sure all projects are staffed properly, preempting future staffing needs/issues whilst maintaining full oversight of present staffing.
- Office maintenance; ensuring there are systems in place to maintain a functional, calm, safe, and productive working environment for the team, as well as being insured, secure and compliant in regards to Health & Safety regulations.
- Organise and present the Company's Monday Morning Meeting on a weekly basis. A meeting for all staff where we review live projects, new briefs, finance and HR updates.
- Oversee all Project Contracts and other legal documents, making sure they remain up to date and are being used correctly.
- Keep the office and online Bearded Kitten projects calendar up to date.
- Oversee the Company’s Projects Payment Scheduling document alongside the finance team.
- Assist the leadership team with Company finances, with an emphasis on additional spending to ensure the ship is kept afloat and level.
- Oversee the team’s TOIL & OT, producing reports for the finance team on a monthly basis for payroll.
- Liaising with HR as well as the Producers, build team etc to recruit additional staff when required by the project (full time or freelance).
- Be across the interviewing / hiring / onboarding process of new full-time and freelance recruits.
- Help organise all employee reviews alongside HR & leadership team (EOY reviews, mid year reviews, end of probation reviews).
- Maintain a constant feedback loop to keep the team in sync with each other.
- Oversee general staff welfare; keep the team morale high and the Bearded Kitten vibe alive with an emphasis on improving employee retention.
- Recognise skill gaps and offer training to improve employee performance whilst ensuring that the workforce is satisfied in their current roles and growing/developing within the Company.
- Line management; being the main point of contact for everyday work needs or any personal problems.
- Oversee the Apprenticeship Program alongside People & Culture.
- Oversee the Internship Program alongside People & Culture.
- Keep a close eye on pitch planning (and staffing) whilst liaising with the Creative Development team regarding winning work.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the ongoings of our industry, circulating the information with the team.
- Develop and implement growth strategies and strategic plans, improve overall business functions and create policies whilst communicating business goals.
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager or in a similar position within the events industry.
- Has built a strong industry network which they are able to utilise within the role.
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Strategic thinker with industry insight.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of different business functions.
- Proactive nature.
- Proficient using Google Suite IT in general.
REPORTS TO: Company Directors
SALARY: £75k plus EOY bonus
TYPE: Full time, permanent
LOCATION: 4-5 days from our East London office
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a Covering Letter by using the Apply section below.