Head of Marketing & Engagement – National Charity
Head of Marketing & Engagement – National Charity – Greater London / Flexible Working – c£55k
This national charity is literally one of a kind.
Heading towards its 200th year, it provides practical and emotional support for people in crisis as well as championing their skills and opportunities.
They are now seeking an aspiring Head of Marketing & Engagement for a newly created role.
The Head of Marketing & Engagement role
You will take responsibility for leading the strategic development and delivery of the charity’s marketing and engagement activities to generate greater awareness and understanding of the charity’s practical, emotional and financial support.
This role is crucial in extending the charity’s reach and reputation through clearly articulated communications to all key internal and external audiences and will play a fundamental role in the charity’s future success.
Key areas of responsibility
• Lead, manage and motivate your team, including the marketing and events officer and external agencies to raise awareness of their work amongst key target audiences
• Oversee the effective creation and implementation of a new internal and external communications strategy to take the charity to its 200th year
• Work with the wider charity team to refine their understanding of key audiences and how to engage with them including awards alumni, beneficiaries, corporates, members and residents
• Manage external agencies (social media, PR and creative)
• Centralise all communications and lead on the development of the charity’s brand and assets in print and digital
• Take responsibility for brand reputation and keep up to date on best practice within the charity sector
• Manage the Marketing & Engagement team’s budget
• Develop a strategy for member and alumni communications and engagement, including the annual cycle of events such as Annual Reports, AGMs and Rising Star awards
Content, collateral and social media comms
• Ensure oversight of content, stories, imagery, video and audio
• Take a strategic approach to the development and management of marketing collateral, source, develop and deliver engaging content and collateral for use across all channels
• Manage the outsourced social media agency to utilise appropriate platforms to promote and develop a flow of engaging content that excites audiences
Essential experience required
• Developing integrated communication strategies in the charity sector
• Managing and developing a team and external agencies
• Confident and engaging management style
• Excellent copywriting, written and oral communication skills
• Good presentation and public speaking skills
This 12-person company is equidistant between London and Brighton and around 3 miles from Gatwick Airport.
Currently working from home, a hybrid model will be introduced once government restrictions allow.
Salary & key benefits
A salary of c£55k (depending on experience) plus flexible working and other excellent benefits.
Heads of Marketing with solid experience of developing integrated communication strategies in the charity sector please send us your CV for this unique opportunity.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact all candidates, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.