L’Arche in the UK is part of a worldwide federation of people with and without learning disabilities sharing life together. We build Communities with people with learning disabilities rather than for them. We serve people’s emotional and spiritual lives as well as their basic needs. We are committed to mutually transforming relationships and a world where all belong.
Are you inspired to bring your skills, experience and values to support our vision of a more human society?
Job title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Visual Production Lead: L’Arche UK and International
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week; one year fixed term contract in the first instance
Salary: £23,208 per annum
Place of work: Manchester UK, Office-based initially, hybrid working after completion of successful probationary period
Main purpose of the role:
We are looking for a forward-thinking designer to develop compelling high-quality design solutions and
provide creative and collaborative support to teams both within the UK and internationally (50/50
split). You will bring experience of designing and implementing a range of digital and printed material
whilst ensuring compliance with communication strategies, branding and messaging.
Some of the main responsibilities:
- Provide design and execute design briefs for a range of printed and digital content in-line with the brand
visual identity - from annual reports and newsletters to formal documents.
- Draw on largely textual inputs to innovate compelling visual formats of interest to funders, audiences, staff
(UK / International) and other key stakeholders.
- Create engaging and audience-specific social media content from new and existing content as commissioned,
which integrates with the wider comms strategies.
- Provide support for both websites and intranets (if required in the case of International) through the creation
and uploading of content to support L’Arche’s digital following.
- Create regular analytics/statistics reports as commissioned.
- Deliver visual aspects of a wide variety of campaigns from design concept to final production working closely with fundraisers, members of both communication teams, the international support team and external suppliers as appropriate.
- Support the visual production lead in all aspects of video and photography
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Tuesday 8th February 2022.
Interviews likely to take place on Friday 11th February 2022 in Manchester.