Middleweight Graphic Designer w/ Digital
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
We are on the lookout for a confident, assured and experienced mid-weight graphic designer to join the internal design studio, working across our client's diverse portfolio. You will join a dynamic working environment and diverse creative team.
Working in a vibrant and growing agency-type creative department, you will be responsible for developing initial concepts, creating, and encouraging conceptual exploration with the team on a strategic level. The successful candidate will not just be working on property but developing the brand and visual personalities for everything within the community from arts and cultural events to retail destinations.
The successful candidate will be an all-rounder, with the ability and track record in designing for digital across websites, social media and digital marketing, while demonstrating equal skill and ability in design for brand and assets (printed and digital).
We're looking for someone with a strategic and methodical way of working that is also able to keep up with what can be a very fast paced working day to deliver great creative work.
- Must be able to generate great design ideas and conduct conceptual exploration, including drawing, sketching, research and insight
- Work closely with website coordinator to design visually compelling assets and content for use across our lifestyle, product and corporate websites and provide guidance on web design and website updates
- Create designs with mobile-first approach, while also responding to all devises and demonstrating a user-centric approach and suggest improvements with UX/UI considerations
- Participate in meetings and critiques to discuss design direction, using results to present to internal departments and contractors, working with other designers, freelancers, suppliers and the production team
- To prepare the creative element of presentations/proposals and ensure integration with other department leaders
- To develop and progress brand guidelines to include tone of voice and photography style etc.
- Must be able to artwork some of their own artwork, large roll outs will be supported by a freelance artworker
- The successful candidate will have 5-7 years' proven experience of working across a range of multidisciplinary branding projects for global clients
- Excellent software skills, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are essential
- Typography and layout skills will come in handy
- Knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process and press runs
- Strong people and project management skills are essential
- Excellent presentation skills, with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Great design skills with a curiosity for all sort of multi-platform interactive content
- Well executed work with typography
- An outstanding, versatile portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create clean, corporate design
- Fun, groovy team
- No late night working
- pension scheme contribution - 12.5%
- large variety of work
- great reputation
4 days in the studio and 1 day WFH