Want to join a fast-growing, game-changing creative and digital agency?
We’re Topham Guerin. A close-knit bunch of crafty thinkers looking for up-and-coming advertisers to join our team. We have big ambitions and need someone who has the drive and the hustle to help make them happen.
Becoming a Strategy Director
As Strategy Director you will lead a talented group of strategists and analysts to uncover insights and develop strategies for TG's clients based on data, behavioural science and market research.
As a Strategy Director, you will:
- Build and maintain client relationships, in support of Accounts colleagues, whilst continuing to build out new business opportunities for strategy services to support the profitability of the business and achievement of financial targets.
- Lead on the strategic response for incoming client briefs: challenge and reframe where required, identify what needs to be done, and lead on developing strategic responses.
- Ensure the strategy department is operating at the forefront of industry trends and develop evidence-backed opinions to be an informed advocate for best practice strategic planning for client campaigns.
- Develop original innovative and well-researched thought leadership content for sharing with wider teams and colleagues and externally.
- Prepare and deliver internal and client-facing strategy presentations for TG’s clients.
- Oversee and manage the strategy team's contributions to pitch development for new clients.
- Manage your own and your team's workload across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Identify and implement best practices for the strategy department, maximising service delivery and quality.
- Ensure effective and consistent interactions with yours and other departments including creative, media, technology and accounts specialists to support the delivery of client projects.
- Take initiative, work to anticipate problems, and when they do arise - solve problems quickly.
- Contribute to TG’s leadership team, report on successes, opportunities and challenges.
- Develop a professional upskilling programme for team members in your department to ensure ongoing learning and innovation.
- Present internally on department performance and campaign results.
What you bring to the role:
- At least 5-6+ years experience working as a strategist within a relevant field.
- Extremely strong understanding of brand campaigns, commercial advertising, and digital advertising platforms
- First-class analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate and challenge data-driven insights and develop informed strategies through a deep understanding of underlying patterns and trends in data.
- Excellent data manipulation skills using Excel or equivalent platforms.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Enthusiasm and professionalism, with a strong interest in world issues, business and current affairs.
- Commercial and budget awareness, with experience planning budgets for client projects.
- Previous experience at a management level in leading and supporting a strategy team and projects.
- First-class written and oral communication and listening skills, with the ability to inspire clients and colleagues through bringing strategies to life in a presentation.
- An eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial, proactive attitude and a passion for learning and personal growth for you and your team.
- 5 weeks (25 days) annual leave per year + statutory holidays
- 10 paid sick days per year
- 3% pension contribution, moving to 4% after one years service
- Private health insurance including dental, optical, physio, and specialist cover
- Additional maternity benefits whether you’re the primary or secondary caregiver
- MacBook Pro as your work computer
- Flexible working policy
- Work from home equipment provisioning in the event of lockdowns
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Professional development/training support
- Annual off site company retreat for 3+ days
Our work is global. We’ve got bases in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and we are growing fast.
But wherever in the world you join us, you’ll find the same Kiwi spirit. We work hard (no clock-watching here). We love the hustle and banter. We all have a sense of humour, which keeps everybody in check (and makes the annual retreat a bit of fun).
Crucially: we also respect and trust each other. So we’re happy to offer flexible and remote working, as long as we’re getting the job done. And we welcome ideas from everyone, that can take TG in exciting new directions.
It means if you’re good at what you do, you can make an impact here very quickly. And if you’re a whip-smart professional looking to make your mark, we’d love to hear from you.