What you’ll be doing:
You will be working in a dynamic, creative Communications team to help plan, prepare and execute targeted marketing and communication plans to our audiences.
Working with both the Marketing and PR team, you will manage the publication and distribution of publicity materials for all relevant channels, including print, digital and out of home.
You will support the Marketing Manager in developing and delivering marketing strategies and campaigns and use your expert knowledge of audience behaviours to advise on the best marketing tactics to reach our audiences.
To help us measure the impact of our activities, you will analyse the performance of activities, and prepare evaluation and measurement reports and support the Marketing team in maintaining the WDH brand in both internal and external communications.
To join our multi skilled Communications department, we’re looking for someone with:
- a qualification at level 4 of Regulated Qualifications Framework such as an HNC, Award, Certificate or Diploma at level 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject area;
- experience of working in a busy marketing environment;
- the ability to prioritise your own workload and excellent time management skills;
- evidence of working within a performance culture to achieve service objectives;
- experience of Google Analytics, Facebook Insights (or equivalents) and other data sources to produce insightful evaluations and recommendations for improvement; and
- ability to negotiate with internal employees and external agencies to enable design deadlines to be met.
There may be occasions where the job holder will need to work outside of agreed working hours.
Please see the Job description for further information about the role.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Peter Wade, Marketing Manager on 07515386800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an employer WDH can offer you a great set of benefits which includes:
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 over 5 years service) and statutory bank holidays;
- a wide range of personal development opportunities;
- a fantastic health and wellbeing package;
- a very attractive pension scheme (14.8% employer contribution); and
- "cycle to work" scheme and discounted shopping platform
Our WorkSmart approach gives you the opportunity to flex where and when you work, as long it fits in with your role and needs of our business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.
Since WDH was established in 2005, we have gone from strength to strength. We are now one of the UK’s largest social housing providers, with over 32,000 homes across the Wakefield district and our wider operating area across the north of England.
Our vision is to create confident communities. This is underpinned by our mission which is to inspire, transform and promote excellence and our values - to be creative, inclusive and work with integrity.
WDH is much more than bricks and mortar. We go the extra mile to deliver excellent customer services. We innovate, create and regenerate. To find out more, visit our about us page.