Marketing and Business Development Assistant - Professional Services Background Needed
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery and administration of Marketing and Business Development services.
Title: Marketing and Business Development Assistant
Based: Birmingham or London
Hours: 35 hours a week (flexible working - core hours)
Our client is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. They have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, they have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite their long history they are a young firm with a fresh approach to their clients’ requirements and employee career progression. They are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidate will report to and support the Marketing & Business Development Manager in general business development activity. You will be working alongside the Marketing team, comprising of the Manager, Marketing Executive and Digital Marketing Assistant, based in either the London or Birmingham office.
This role will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Undertaking varied research projects to support business development activities, including research into potential clients and new developing markets, and investigating market activity/ trends within the Intellectual Property (IP) sector.
- Further projects may include conducting competitor research, analysing published data and statistics, and presenting results through written reports.
- Assisting with the management of events and seminars, e.g. researching and booking venues, managing delegate lists and invitations, and preparing documents and other marketing material. Providing "on-the-day" event support when required as well as analysing event feedback and updating contacts within the CRM database (InterAction) post event.
- Researching and circulating details of new local networking opportunities in office locations and coordinating attendance and bookings. Working with the Digital Marketing Assistant to identify relevant linked online opportunities.
- Assisting with the preparation of standard company documents, for example, case studies, team sheets and capability statements, to support the preparation of bids and submissions for legal directories, industry awards, tenders, etc.
- Assisting with the general administration and ad hoc tasks supporting the Marketing team.
The successful candidate must have a professional services background (i.e. general law firms, accountancy firms etc.). Experience of working in Marketing for an Intellectual Property firm (patents, trade marks and design) is desirable but not essential.
You will need to be self-motivated, conscientious, methodical and organised, with the ability to liaise with different stakeholders of the company e.g. colleagues and clients. You'll possess a positive attitude and logical approach to problem solving and will already have some experience in a similar role. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential. You should have a logical and inquisitive mind, showing an interest in the commercial world, research, market trends, and data analytics. As an organised and proactive individual, you will need to have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work towards and meet deadlines.
In return, the organisation offer a comptetitive salary, flexible working (core hours), a 35-hour working week, 26 days annual leave, Health Cash Plan, Cycle Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, and a professional and pleasant working environment.
Closing Date: 24th February 2022.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
Please disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board and check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder.
Please strictly no agencies.