Media Planning Manager
Job Description: Planning Manager
We are Yonder Media, the Audience Experience Agency.
Yonder is a media agency that thinks audience first. We help clients define the most effective journey to turn audiences into customers of their brand. We rethink the role of every touchpoint, both offline and online, from paid to owned and earned, because we believe that media is everything you do.
We call our unique approach Audience Experience Planning.
With a diverse team, decades of experience and the passion you’d expect from an independent agency, we’re perfect for brands on a mission to grow. There’s not much we haven’t seen and done, from launching exciting new brands, to rescuing old ones, testing new routes to market and re-energising existing ones. We are always honest about what we think clients should do to make a difference to their business.
When it comes to media, we think our mantra says it all.
Summary of Role
We’re building an agency, from the ground up. Every role in the business requires adept multi-tasking and a lot of learning on the job. You will be exposed to many different aspects of a media agency, from client servicing, to planning, buying, operations, marketing and new business. There will be countless opportunities to get involved in the actual evolution of Yonder Media as a business – we’re still very much in fast growth mode. There aren’t many jobs out there that would offer you such a range of breadth of opportunities. We are looking for an individual who wants real exposure to the exciting ‘goings on’ at a startup and is looking to fast track their career.
As a Media Planning Manager, you will play a pivotal role in developing communications and media strategies, servicing clients, and implementing media plans and recommendations. Working closely with the Senior Brand Lead and the MD, you will be involved in all aspects of media planning, from insight gathering to strategy development and campaign management.
In this role you will work on a variety of accounts as the comms planner; offering what we call ‘strategic client management’ and advising our clients on how to maximise the entirety of their marketing budget to meet their business and marketing goals. You will learn about the entire product suite and capability of our marketing services group The Beyond Collective, and be given the opportunity to guide and advise clients (with support), leveraging the whole of the Collective to help our clients reach their goals.
- Support the Senior Brand Lead / MD in the management of key clients and projects, providing first class service to our clients
- As Manager you will be given client accounts to handle and be the primary day to day port of call for our clients
- Project and account management to align teams and agency resources, as well as external partners, see campaigns through to delivery
- Develop close working relationships with our clients and delight them with attentive service and strategic thinking
Media Strategy & Planning
- Support the Senior Brand Lead and the MD in developing media and communications strategies and plans for our clients in keeping with Yonder’s Everything Is Media proposition
- Work on integrated accounts across The Beyond Collective and provide clients with joined up media and creative thinking and recommendations
- Gather insight: use tools and resources to generate insights into consumer behaviour, and make media choices
- Create clear presentations to communicate our recommendations to our clients
- Work closely with media owners, creative agency partners and colleagues on client briefs to deliver creative and effective media and comms solutions
Media buying and campaign management
- Coordinate and execute the media plan, working with specialist media teams
- You may be buying certain media, negotiating and managing bookings (while we are small, there’s a need to get involved in all aspects of the media agency at times!)
- Liaise with outside partner agencies (creative and specialists) on campaign development
- Work with creative agency teams on integrated accounts
- Support marketing of the agency, including:
- Writing case studies, award entries and any other trade media pieces
- Contributing to the promotion of the Yonder Media through writing of blog posts and news items on the website & company social media pages
- Support new business pitching, including both taking an active role in chemistry meetings and pitch presentations
- You will have a good working knowledge of the UK media landscape
- You will have good media planning skills and a decent knowledge of marketing theory and practice
- You will have experience in client account management and have good client handling skills
- You will have a growing contacts book of media owners
- You have top notch communication skills (verbal and written) with natural gravitas in front of clients
- You have great organisational skills with attention to detail
- People recognise you as a team player, with the ability to work across the wider teams and foster collaboration and new ways of working
- You have consumer insight and research skills to understand target audiences
- You may have hands on experience buying certain media
- You have proficient computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and you might have a good eye for design
- You might have knowledge of media measurement techniques / media effectiveness research techniques
You will also have the following qualities as a ‘Beyonder’
- Natural team player and be able to turn their hand to a multitude of tasks
- Knowledgeable and opinionated on the media marketplace
- Curious and creative-minded
- Motivated to help us shape this fast-paced and exciting agency
- Salary range £35-40K
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 UK bank/public holidays
- In addition, we offer flexible Christmas break arrangements
- Membership of a contributory pension plan
- Annual Travel / Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers scheme