Head of Video Content
Head of Video Content
Location: Cardiff/hybrid working
We're looking for a Head of Video Content to join our thriving creative team.
As Head of Video Content, you will be responsible for raising and maintaining the standard of all aspects of film, motion graphics and social content materials developed by the in-house Video Content team. You will be the leader of video content across a wide range of platforms, including TV, Social, digital, out-of-home and online films for clients and Golley Slater as a whole and as such will oversee, support and manage the delivery of these projects and the team of Video Content Creators and Motion Graphics Artists.
As this is a management role, you will need to fully understand all the elements of the film making process from end-to-end and will be required to be both a hands-on creator and mentor to junior members of the team. As such, experience in leading a team is desirable. This role would be perfect for a talented and experienced video content creator with experience in a team looking for the next step in their career.
What you will be doing:
- Producing beautifully crafted video and content that is of the highest creative and technical standards while satisfying client needs and encouraging the team to follow in your footsteps.
- You will be responsible for quality control, ensuring files are delivered to specification across broadcast (specifically Clearcast and Adstream), online, social media and out-of-home channels, while working to strict delivery deadlines and budgets.
- Reporting to the Creative Directors, you will help raise the creative output of the business and work closely with the Creative, Production and Account teams to deliver the highest quality work while nurturing a team of film makers, animators and motion graphic artists while identifying skills gaps and opportunities for development.
The essential skills and experience you need to be successful in the role are:
- You will know the intricacies of editing, grading, motion graphic animation and the best practices required to create visually engaging films.
- You are required to be a team player, adapting to change as required, but also working independently, always striving to improve the output of the business, adding value to campaigns wherever possible. You realize the power and importance of storytelling and stay abreast of trends, technology and software.
- You will need to be creative, organised and detail obsessed, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a calm head that instils confidence in your colleagues and clients alike.
- Experience in relevant software, including Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DaVinci Resolve and other associated asset creation applications including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You will be curious with a passion for self-development and professional growth.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday and birthday off
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Compassionate leave policies, including paid pregnancy loss leave
- Employee assistance programme including access to free counselling sessions
- Life and service milestone awards
- Hybrid working and core hours (10 to 4)
- Life assurance
- Option to buy extra holiday
- Pension scheme
We have adopted a hybrid working model, meaning you can choose to work where you are most productive. However, for those that like the buzz of being in a creative work-space, we have a fantastic city centre office in the heart of vibrant Cardiff.
To apply, please submit a CV and portfolio showcasing examples of your work.
We can’t wait to meet you.