Marketing and Communications Manager
CareTech Charitable Foundation
Marketing and Communications Manager
About the CareTech Foundation
Established in 2017, the CareTech Charitable Foundation is an independent grant-making corporate foundation registered with the Charity Commission. Funded and founded by CareTech Holdings PLC, the Foundation has an independent Board of trustees responsible for delivering its Charitable Objects.
Our mission is to support and champion the social care sector, care workers and those living in care.
The CareTech Foundation’s work is focused on the following three key objectives:
- Physical and learning disabilities and mental health. Supporting disabled people and those with long-term health difficulties, including those with mental health conditions and complex physical and learning disabilities.
- Skills development for the care sector. Skills development for those from deprived and disadvantaged backgrounds for careers in the care sector.
- Supporting our communities. Supporting the family and friends of CareTech plc employees facing significant financial challenges as well as issues facing local communities.
The Foundation’s support is devoted to supporting those in need in the UK and in developing countries overseas.
About Championing Social Care
Hosted by the CareTech Foundation, we are a volunteer-led group of leaders from across the social care sector. Our vision is to ensure a wider and deeper public understanding, appreciation and respect for social care. We do not seek to represent the care sector or care workers. Rather, we are focused on delivering positive stories and initiatives about the sector about which we all care so passionately.
The CareTech Foundation hosts Championing Social Care with the Championing Social Care Director working closely alongside the CareTech Foundation team. This role will provide support to both teams.
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Responsible to: CEO
Location: Flexible home and office working with travel to office in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
Position: Permanent, Fulltime – 3 days focussed on CareTech Foundation business, 1 day on Championing Social Care business and 1 day focussed on internal communications with CareTech PLC.
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 (depending on experience)
Application deadline: Sunday, 27th February 2022.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a vital role in the success of both the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care, to deliver meaningful impact to communities in the UK and overseas by supporting and championing the social care sector, care workers and those living in care.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an enthusiastic, supportive and vibrant team while providing you with the independence to apply your skills and initiative to best effect. The role will manage organisation-wide communications, develop our PR, social media and marketing efforts and establish our place within the social care and charity sector by being a meticulous ‘brand guardian’.
A. Strategy and Planning
- Review and develop our Communications Strategy to support the objectives of the CareTech Foundation.
- Design and deliver a Communications Plan alongside this Strategy, across PR, digital and social media, brand marketing and advertising to build our profile within both the charity and social care sector. Work closely with our CareTech PLC colleagues to support their internal communications and engage their teams.
B. Digital Media
- To manage the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care social media accounts - across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube - developing content in line with the Communications Strategy to grow supporter engagement.
- Create engaging and innovative content for both the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care social media channels to reach core audiences and organizational goals.
- To maintain and develop the CareTech Foundation’s website, improving the user experience, quality of content and visibility. Proactively responding to trends and feedback, monitoring Google Analytics and SEO.
- To support the development of the Championing Social Care website, creating high quality and engaging content. Proactively responding to trends and feedback, monitoring Google Analytics and SEO.
C. PR and Marketing
- To lead the creation of engaging communications for the CareTech Foundation, including but not limited to our newsletter and the annual Impact Report.
- Working with charity partners and beneficiaries to bring the projects we fund to life, collecting fantastic stories and case studies, demonstrating the value of the support we offer.
- Lead and coordinate writing, design, production and distribution of printed, audio and digital materials. Working with colleagues to ensure consistent messaging with key audiences.
- Working with the internal communications team at CareTech PLC to ensure the PLC’s staff are engaged and updated on all the Foundation’s work. This may include providing content for their regional newsletters, reporting and presenting to their teams.
- Proactively lead and create engaging press releases and articles, securing PR opportunities to showcase the work of both the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care across the social care and charity sectors. Where appropriate engaging regional and national press, continuously monitoring and evaluating coverage, adapting and responding appropriately.
- Working with agencies and freelancers on specific projects as required.
- Leading as our ‘brand guardian’ ensure the consistent use of our brand across all internal and external communications.
- Identify opportunities to increase brand awareness for both the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care.
- Supporting colleagues to create speaker notes, presentations and reactive quotes to ensure consistent messaging.
- Identify issues that could potentially damage our reputation and recommend actions to mitigate such risk.
- As a small and agile team, you may be asked to undertake tasks outside of your role description from time to time to support the wider work of the CareTech Foundation and Championing Social Care. You may also be asked to work outside of your usual working hours from time to time to support the work of the organization.
- Provide regular monitoring and evaluation reporting for all communication channels.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of placing stories within the media, with sector and regional press.
- Experience working across social media channels and digital platforms, creating high-quality content and building audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional copywriting and editing capabilities.
- Experience in building and managing a brand, developing an organisation’s voice.
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce work to a high standard, independently.
- An ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner, appropriate for relevant audiences.
- A desire to make all channels of communication accessible.
- A passion for marketing and communication, with knowledge of current trends.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively, with enthusiasm to work towards organization-wide goals.
- Experience using WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Salesforce and Canva or experience using similar programs and systems.
- Experience working with individuals to build case studies and bringing individual experiences to life.
- Experience working with a charity or social care organization.
- Experience in creating and implementing organizational strategy.
- Experience in working with national press.
The salary for this role is £30,000-£35,000, depending on experience.
The Foundation contributes to a stakeholder pension for all staff unless you choose to opt out, as well as a generous benefits package.
Please send your CV and covering letter by Sunday, 27th February 2022 by using the Apply section below.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday, 7th March 2022. Kindly confirm your availability for the interviews in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying and want to discuss the role, please contact Rebecca Woolley (Rebecca.Woolley@caretechfoundation.org.uk) to schedule an informal call.
If you have a disability and/or would prefer to apply in a different format and/or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk this through with you. Please note that our offices are fully accessible.