CSM is made up of 1000+ people in 25+ locations who share a purpose to pursue extraordinary. It is the reason we come into work each morning, the mindset we all share, the thread through every piece of work we deliver and
the story we tell when someone wonders why we do, what we do.
Each of our people are extraordinary in their own right, bringing diversity to our thinking, experience and expertise to help us produce work that our competitors don’t and wont. What we do is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding which is why we love it and why you’ll love life at CSM.
If you are someone who sees the extraordinary in the ordinary, then we would love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Planner to join the Planning team at CSM as part of our continued drive to take our offering for existing and new clients to the next level of expertise and excellence.
A disciplined eye & a wild mind.
We are looking for a super-talented, charismatic and committed individual with an absolute passion for, and proven track record in, Planning. An audience aficionado with a desire to create memorable interactions and
experiences that people will want to talk about and share. As this is a Senior role, we would like to see 6+ years strategic planning experience in an agency. We need you to be as creative as you are strategic in order to perform in this essential role providing clarity of thinking for both prospective and existing clients.
We need an audience and brand expert first, with a passion for, and understanding of, sports and entertainment second. You will be full of knowledge about what, how and why audiences are currently thinking and behaving, and how progressive brands are working to engage them. You will understand and have experience in creating brand narratives and in planning integrated campaigns for both existing clients and new business pitches. Your passion for strategically sound, insight-based creative storytelling must shine through, and your ability to deliver compelling written and oral presentations to senior clients and stakeholders must be second to none.
The ‘Planner’ serves as the foundation for each project within our business, and must have the ability to multi-task and work to (often tight) timings over a number of projects. The role is a busy one, and one where ensuring
quality, rigour and relevance is a must. The CSM Planning Department services new and existing client opportunities across our Brands, Rights and Live teams. Our clients represent a wide range of industries and sectors and we activate for them across national, international and global requirements in line with their needs.
It is critical that the Senior Planner remains up to speed with the ever-changing agency environment, in particular that of the brand and sport / entertainment industries, as well as having a finger on the pulse of culture, and brings this insight to the rest of the team and agency through Planning-led initiatives. You will be provided training and
tools to support you to do this.
THE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Competent and confident at playing key role in cross-business teams developing and delivering responses to briefs, and in thinking and acting proactively to unlock new opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Able to think and research deeply and speedily to create solutions to answer briefs, both independently and in collaboration with other planners.
- Flexible and organised to be able to effectively work across multiple briefs at once, and to tight deadlines.
- Quick to learn and able to apply planning principles across diverse briefs for Brands and Rightsholder clients
- Think and apply big picture trends (music/film/events/online/TV/advertising, product design, experiences and anything else culturally/politically/socially/environmentally relevant)
- Confident and experienced at distilling multiple sources of qualitative and quantitative information into clear and engaging written briefs that form the basis of creative development.
- Confident working closely with Creative colleagues and other cross-functional specialists (i.e.Communications), to help inspire, enrich and torture test their outputs to reach best in class standard.
- Highly confident and effective at directly engaging and nurturing clients and key internal stakeholders, interrogating briefs and asking key questions.
- Skilled in creating and delivering intelligent, logical, engaging presentations to existing and new clients, senior management teams and internal stakeholders, all underpinned by the CSM commitment to Pursue Extraordinary.
- Able to work with Strategy and Consulting colleagues to maximise our ability to deliver measurable ROI, and to sell-in CSM expertise/IP to manage this for clients.
- Work closely with Planning colleagues, collaborating across briefs as required, and contributing to upskilling culture.
- Support Planning Dept Leads in developing, sharing and contributing to best practice within and beyond CSM Planning team.
- Experience in strategic and creative brand planning
- Sponsorship or partnership experience definitely advantageous
- Understanding of Rights Marketing and Commercial Sales beneficial
- Advanced Skills in MS Office Programs including – especially PowerPoint
- Strong understanding and use of insight tools and providers i.e. GWI