Head of Media Relations - Blockchain/Crypto (100% remote)
Founded in 2015, my client is one of the most exceptional blockchain infrastructure research and engineering companies globally, offering high confidence products to public, private and government clients that solve real problems.
Their mission is to create a transparent and fair order for everyone through their commitment to evidence-based software development, aimed at providing reliable blockchain products to the world's financial, governance and social systems.
This business is very well known for being the driving force behind a leading cryptocurrency and are also working on many different innovative products as we speak. With the team always being open to new ideas and ways of working, they have created a diverse and rewarding environment across 50+ countries.
As Head of Media Relations, it is your responsibility to be an individual who nurtures a strong industry network, increases awareness, and develops an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relation programmes.
- Develop a media communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics.
- Ensuring that Company plays a significant role in and has relevance for all seasons, and is at the forefront of the blockchain industry, and to reflect the business' aims and goals positively in the media at a corporate level.
- Content Effectiveness: provides strategic counsel on the most effective content format and style, maximising available creative technologies
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- You will be an exceptional communicator who is aware of the global media landscape and what drives the news agenda, including key areas of corporate responsibility.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Organise PR events to increase awareness of our company and report on PR campaigns' results
- Track and influence media coverage
- Actively managing sensitive issues to maintain the company's good reputation
- Develop and manage a global remote team
- Extensive PR/corporate communications experience with the capability to manage external agencies and influence decision making
- Strategic thinking - able to identify a vision and achieve results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, often with short deadlines
- Strong storytelling skills and passion for creating compelling narratives to advance corporate reputation
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally, interacting with all levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders, influencing to drive impact
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of data and distil key points clearly, succinctly and quickly
Skills and experience
- 8 years public relations/corporate communications experience
- Outstanding media relations skills and relationships, with experience engaging journalists on a regular basis on challenging issues
- Communications experience for a high-profile company/brand, working in a matrixed, multinational corporate environment
- Experience working on reputation programmes, particularly in partnering with Legal, Government Relations and Risk
- Experience in the computer software, technology, and/or AI industry
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Understanding of the blockchain space and an ability to provide reasoned opinions, including on how IO can differentiate itself
- Experience with Agile (desired but not necessary)
- 100% remote working with flexible schedules
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Token plan - Receive a % of a managed Crypto fund
- Tech/WFH reimbursement
- Paid L&D opportunities
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me: Nikita.firstname.lastname@example.org or connect via LinkedIn: Nikita Miah.