Head of Social Media - Blockchain/Crypto (100% remote)
Founded in 2015, my client is one of the most exceptional blockchain infrastructure research and engineering companies globally, offering high confidence products to public, private and government clients that solve real problems.
Their mission is to create a transparent and fair order for everyone through their commitment to evidence-based software development, aimed at providing reliable blockchain products to the world's financial, governance and social systems.
This business is very well known for being the driving force behind a leading cryptocurrency and are also working on many different innovative products as we speak. With the team always being open to new ideas and ways of working, they have created a diverse and rewarding environment across 50+ countries.
As Head of Social Media, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You'll be creating strategy and leading a team whose objective is to increase/grow the company's social media presence. You will be working alongside a Head of Media Relations and Head of Brand to achieve this. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company's views creatively. This is an exciting opportunity to lead on major innovations across Company's social media output, shaping and influencing it in line with the company's strategic objective.
- Adhering to brand guidance and in line with the strategic objectives of the business, you'll own the Company's parent channels, creatively telling their story on social, setting social KPIs, and developing IO's paid, earned, and owned platform and social content strategy
- Diversify the content, initiatives and products represented on parent company platforms and have a pulse on the GTM social strategy for our brands, people, products, and initiatives
- You'll advise on the social strategy for sub-channels, executive profiles, and recruiting channels
- Develop paid media and influencer marketing campaigns for products
- Being able to create strategies which deliver to targets
- Relentlessly clear the path to "publish" and do everything in your power to simplify and streamline the content publishing workflow from ideation to measurement for all stakeholders
- Act as a gatekeeper and ensure all social communications layer up to strategic objectives, are on-brand, accurate and compliant
- Being able to plan creative campaigns which link video, graphics, social, print and word of mouth
- In the spirit of taking our social team from ad-hoc to enterprise, create a omniscient, omnipresent social media calendar that encompasses all channels, initiatives, products, events, partnerships and launches
- Optimise existing resources while recruiting the best people (internal and external) and selecting the best tech stack for executing a killer social media marketing machine for our people, products and initiatives
- Separate the signal from the noise and advise on which platforms, platform features and social techniques we should experiment with next
- Maintain account security, permissions, settlement, and legal compliance, ensuring that as IO Global matures as an enterprise company, all aspects of our social media department grow up with it
Skills and experience
- 5 years + Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Extensive Community-Building Experience
- Deep Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication, analytical and multitasking skills
- Experience uniting and managing a socially diverse and global remote team (desired but not necessary)
- Experience with Agile (desired but not necessary)
- 100% remote working with flexible schedules
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Token plan - Receive a % of a managed Crypto fund
- Tech/WFH reimbursement
- Paid L&D opportunities
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me: Nikita.firstname.lastname@example.org or connect via LinkedIn: Nikita Miah.
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.