7 days left
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an Account Manager to join our friendly, forward-thinking and creative commercial team. As an Account Manager, you'll sell advertising and event sponsorship as well as creative marketing solutions to Campaign’s B2B client base of agencies, tech companies and media owners.
Campaign is the world’s leading news brand for the advertising industry.
Since its launch in 1968, Campaign has blossomed into a global network providing real-time news and analysis by expert commentators in eight territories around the world. Out mission is to provide professionals from across the marketing, advertising and media communities with the creative firepower they need to attract and delight consumers.
Your mission is to tell Campaign's story to prospective clients in an engaging and simple way, making it easy for them to invest.
Managing existing key accounts and developing new business, you will maximise revenue access Campaign’s growing portfolio of live events which includes awards schemes (such as the Media Week Awards and the Campaign Bigs), conferences (including Media360 and The TV Advertising Summit) and the Campaign Brand Forum.
You will proactively source and develop strategic brand partnerships to contribute towards annual advertising sales revenue.
This is a client-facing role and needs confidence in communicating with C-suite customers. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with an inquisitive approach and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have solid B2B sales experience, but training will be provided for exceptional candidates without this experience. Marketing experience is also beneficial.
- Deliver revenue while managing complex advertiser goals
- Become an expert on Campaign’s solutions and adapt recommendations based on advertiser need
- Maintain and grow existing clients and ensure a clear plan is in place to grow revenues each quarter
- Present commercial partnership opportunities to clients, primarily through face to face meetings (or video calls when appropriate)
- Drive new business through research and your own initiative
- Strong negotiation skills
Assess the commercial potential of new projects and make recommendations and changes when needed
- You’re a polished communicator, both verbally and in writing, and present yourself credibly to senior stakeholders
- You are target driven and ambitious
- You take a positive, confident and resilient approach, with the desire to self-source new business
- You show a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy, and to also work as part of a team
- You have strong organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Your excellent listening skills establish client needs and build excellent rapport, putting the client’s objectives first
What’s in it for you?
- This is a reward-driven position and personal commission targets are uncapped
- While HQ’d in Twickenham, we encourage 40% of your time to be working from home or remotely, providing flexibility and work-life balance
- We provide extensive and ongoing training throughout your career
- Competitive employee benefits
- We operate as a meritocracy and your success will be rewarded through career development
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.