Business Development Director - corporate branding and communications
Business development director – branding and communications
This is a London-based creative communications agency, joining brand, digital, ESG and corporate reporting.
The team work with some inspirational clients, developing brands with purpose, sustainability strategies, online communication and corporate reporting that builds long-term value.
Team members come from well-known agencies in the branding and communications space. There are 25 people in the team and it is steadily growing. The agency offers a diverse and inclusive culture.
Business development director – the role
This candidate will be familiar with the B2B space, working in branding, brand engagement and/or corporate communications; you’ll be someone who understands the dynamics of the sector. You’ll be working with the senior team, refining the agency’s proposition and various offers to ensure the agency is relevant, meaningful and stands out.
You’ll be someone with energy, vision and enthusiasm who can bring marketing to life within the agency. You will be managing outsourced teams, so will be someone with commercial vision who enjoys bringing all the threads together to make the development and marketing function flow.
The business development director’s responsibilities will include -
- Development of the annual new business plan
- Managing outsourced partners as required including telesales, marketing and PR
- Working with the client owners, to manage customer relationship activity for current clients
- Building a positive agency profile externally
- Stimulate organic growth thinking working with the client owners to ensure they are aware of potential project opportunities
- RFPs and proposal development with client services team
- Weekly and monthly reporting of activity, pipeline and other marketing activity
- Interviewing new, lapsed and lost clients
- Championing client and business development within the team and the agency
- Development of awards entries working with client teams
- Development of case studies based on content provided by the client teams
Personality and skills
• A proactive, self-starter: outgoing, confident, flexible
• Passionate, engaging and friendly
• A good communicator, excellent at selling ideas
• Enjoys challenges
• Team player
You may currently be working in marketing or business development within an agency. You may be an agency account or client director, ready to step up for an exciting role. You may be an experienced corporate comms person returning from mat leave and looking for an exciting 4 or 5 day role.
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary, based on experience and skills, plus a company pension, company healthcare, competitive holiday allowance, flexible working and ongoing training and personal development.