Retention Marketing Manager - Club Wembley
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
We are excited to be searching for a Retention Marketing Manager within our Club Wembley department, who primarily is responsible for the delivery of the Club Wembley member engagement strategy aimed at increasing retention, satisfaction, and value perception.
The successful candidate will need to be a proactive and commercially focused individual to manage the retention of Club Wembley members throughout the customer journey life cycle, looking at how we communicate to members and when.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced retention specialist, in all programme management disciplines, customer engagement programmes, product development, partnership management, CRM, market research and data insights. You will need to bring ideas, solutions, and energy to projects with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Drive increased value for members through loyalty initiatives designed to recognise and reward engagement.
- Creation and delivery of a content programme for members; providing exclusive access to the England team, the FA and Wembley Stadium.
- Manage the renewal strategy with members nearing the expiry date of their membership.
- Work closely with the CRM & Digital Manager to develop and deliver effective engagement campaigns and improve the online customer journey and overall digital experience.
- Consider the end-to-end member journey with a 'customer centric' mentality in the development of campaigns and identify opportunities to personalise the member experience where possible.
- Work closely with the Membership Account Management teams to ensure a joined-up approach between marketing and customer service.
- Management of all 'in the term' member communications.
- Promote brand partners to drive higher perceived value for money.
- Responsible for all member experience and communications branding, including all printed branding and digital screen assets, in line with guidelines and to a high standard.
- Acts as custodian of the Club Wembley brand, ensuring all collateral and communications adhere to the current guidelines.
- Work alongside the Event delivery team to evaluate the effectiveness of the Member's Event programme (our series of money-can't-buy experiences).
- Measure engagement metrics using insights to continually evolve and tweak campaigns.
- Responsible for Club Wembley retention marketing budget, delivering strong ROI.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet Club Wembley's changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Marketing experience including the delivery of data-driven relationship marketing, partnership marketing and digital engagement,
- Understanding of retention and engagement strategies and their executions,
- Data savvy with the ability to interpret member engagement data from multiple sources, identify trends and spot improvement areas,
- Ability to create and execute brand guidelines across digital and analogue channels,
- An understanding of the hospitality market and loyalty programmes.
- Experience in managing internal or external agency teams (writing briefs, giving feedback,)
- Ability to measure performance and orchestrate contingencies when required to deliver on annual targets and monthly KPI's,
- Experienced in managing budgets,
- Confident communicator and able to lead meetings,
- A keen eye for detail.
- Marketing qualifications an advantage,
- Skilled in Microsoft Teams & Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, (thorough knowledge of Excel also an advantage.)
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.