At Ooni we want to help everybody experience the joy of making great pizza, and we’re looking for a Media Planner to help us realise our dream.
A Little About Ooni
We’re very hot. Specifically, 500℃ hot. That’s the perfect temperature to cook world class pizza in 60-seconds, a mark all Ooni ovens can achieve in around 15 minutes. When we launched in 2012, we created a category by offering a small, fast and accessible wood-fired pizza oven that gave ordinary people the critical tool to make great pizza at home.
Now we’re on fire. Exponential growth, global distribution, an ever-expanding product portfolio that goes well beyond ovens, and a growing community of Ooni-lovers around the world who sing our praises and treat their friends and family to epic pizza. We’re at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a major difference, while big enough to have resources to do amazing things.
A Little About the Job
If you are looking to use your media planning skills to make a real impact in a hyper-growth business, while also getting to eat pizza, this could be the role for you. Ooni is expanding fast in markets across EMEA. We have exceptional Content and Creative teams who develop world-class assets and now we need a media planner to get that content seen by as many people as possible.
This is a new position within the broader marketing team, which is responsible for growing the Ooni brand and spreading pizza joy across the world. You’ll be our EMEA media planning specialist, reporting to our Senior Communications Manager.
You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of media planning and buying. You’ll guide media agencies across the region to find the most efficient and impactful ways of achieving brand objectives. You’ll be Ooni’s media expert, using your knowledge to inform our future direction.
A little about you:
It is essential that you:
- Can demonstrate your experience in managing media agencies to deliver strong media plans
- Are obsessed with how to land the right message with the right consumer - you probably already spend your (working) life engrossed in understanding changes in media consumption and the impact that has on media planning and buying
- Have worked predominantly in consumer organisations
- Can impress us with your ability to lead the development of truly creative plans - we’re not an ATL-only sort of business!
- Be able to lead clear reporting, to prove the impact of our spend
- You should be an experienced media professional
- You’re a self-starter with a team-first orientation
- You’ll be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a genuine and compelling passion for great pizza
- You can demonstrate Ooni’s company values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness.
It would also be really nice if you:
- Have done it all on a multinational scale, especially across Europe
- Have experience of planning budgets of £5m+
- Have done all of the above in a consumer durables or FMCG business
- Have experience of start-up or scale-up cultures
- Have been carrying out similar roles for at least 5 years
A little more about the role:
- Work closely with marketing teams to plan campaign timings, scale and investment
- Have great knowledge and understanding of global media markets, and be able to keep internal teams up to date with trends
- Build and lead successful working relationships with external agencies, helping us to take advantage of the tools/services they have available
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds and start from only £249.
- We’re now up to 280+ people in the whole team. That was 100 this time last year and only 50 the year before that. And they are all AWESOME - our culture is core to our whole reason for being.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga classes. (NamastYAY!) 35 days paid holiday per year
- 5 weeks time off after 5 years here (on top of your holiday allowance!)
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- Employee Assistance Programme – our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you’re happy, we’re happy.
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
To know more, have a look at our website. Read a bit about our values and products and just have a wee Google. If you like what you see, apply online with your CV and a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us!
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at email@example.com