We are looking for a Sales Manager to join Haymarket’s Recruitment Division. The successful candidate will lead the identification, qualification and conversion of large business from key accounts and enterprise clients to continue to drive growth for the department and organisation.
As the Sales Manager you will have commercial responsibility across an exciting portfolio of market-leading B2B brands and their affiliated print titles, and are expected to lead, motivate and inspire your team to maximise digital revenue opportunities, develop new ideas and understand your audience in order to strategically plan and strengthen your brand and sales proposition.
Your line manager will be the Commercial Director, although you will also report to the head of the department and various Business Directors for your associated brands where applicable. There will also be senior level visibility as and when required.
Why work with us?
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have more than 70 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist Independent media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and users, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow.
You will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Business Development & Sales
- Your own sales contribution is paramount to this role and will be expected to take the leading role in sales to major / key clients.
- You will be responsible for generating current and future revenue streams from aspirational and enterprise organisations.
- Proactively identify and mine new business opportunities using Haymarket’s resources and your own research and personal network.
- New product and revenue development through our premium solutions - content, display, events, lead generation and data.
- Nurture long-term partnerships through exemplary client servicing and a consultative approach.
- Achieve personal and team revenue targets monthly and quarterly and be a key contributor to our year-end performance.
- The day-to-day running of a team responsible for delivering circa 75% of the department's annual budget.
- Ensure the team, including yourself, are sufficient users of our systems, all processes are followed and data kept up-to-date, including pipeline management.
- Help set, implement and deliver on personal & team KPI’s to ensure business and professional development objectives are achieved.
- Line management including training, monthly one-to-ones and side by side coaching, whilst conducting frequent personal development reviews and appraisals with any direct reports.
- Set quarterly targets for your line reports.
- Delivery of budgeted revenue and contribution targets.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and Marketing team to develop strategic sales plans to obtain sustained and continued revenue growth.
- Implementing best practice across your portfolio, using your experience to drive yields, revenues, improved reporting and effective analysis.
- Forecasting of monthly, quarterly and annual revenues.
- Setting annual budgets for your brands in conjunction with the Head of Recruitment.
- Contributing to the overall management of the HBM Recruitment division.
Our department is an award-winning division that prides itself on and lives commercial success, sales excellence, innovation and delivering an outstanding service to its audience. We are looking for someone who will complement this with proven success in business development, who has already gained a senior level of sales experience, has a passion in the art of sales and a desire to grow within the role and at Haymarket.
In addition, you should have:
- Strong commercial acumen with a consultative sales approach, understanding the nuances in client needs.
- B2B sales experience ideally in media or publishing.
- A passion in the art of sales with a track record of developing stellar relationships with key decision makers and influencing contacts.
- A proven ability to matching needs with tailored solutions within a suite of products, as well as being able to win business from cold leads.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Ideally, previous experience managing a sales team, preferably in a digital environment and within recruitment.
- Able to identify new opportunities and be able to react quickly taking into account what our competitors are doing.
- Capable of strategic thinking and being focused on achieving the business objectives.
- Well-organised, resilient, reliable and shows good attention to detail.
- Resilient and able to think through the challenges of a market that is constantly evolving
- Able to report to senior management
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary ranging from £40k to £44k and with an uncapped commission scheme, the earning potential of £62k plus
- We operate as a meritocracy and your success will be rewarded through career development
- Our head office is in Twickenham and we are encouraging staff to work from home 2 out of 5 days of the week, providing flexibility and work-life balance
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- 15 days working from anywhere (literally)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan and health cash-plans
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
- And many more benefits...you can find a whole list of benefits on our careers site
For an informal conversation or further details on the role, please contact Joe Edmonds, commercial director on +44(0)20 8267 4354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.