Senior Editor, Volkswagen Hub
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
We’re looking for a confident, articulate Senior Editor to join the Hub editorial team, working with the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand. The role would suit someone with at least five years of journalism or digital content experience, ideally gained on a busy news website or in business communications, who has an interest in digital publishing and the automotive industry.
About the role
Wonderly is Haymarket Media Group’s agency division, producing world-class content for global brands. On behalf of Volkswagen Group (VWG), we operate Hub, the main digital communications channel between its sub-brands - including Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and ŠKODA - and its UK network of retailers and repair centres.
This role focuses on writing engaging content to keep the people who work in Volkswagen’s car dealerships up to date with all the latest news, updates, offers and incentives, so that they have all the information to excel at their jobs. You’ll be working in a fast-moving corporate environment and expected to turn your hand to a wide variety of tasks and content types, collaborating day-to-day with stakeholders across Volkswagen head office.
The role exists to share business-critical information with Volkswagen retailers across the UK, helping their employees to deliver outstanding customer service and maximise profitability. The Volkswagen Hub is a busy site, with multiple articles published every day, plus a daily newsletter and ongoing content campaigns to support the latest sales and best-practice initiatives. The senior editor must ensure the content is always inclusive and engaging for the audience, which includes people working in sales, aftersales and technical (workshop) roles, plus senior management. You’ll also need to be confident in measuring the success of your content and regularly reporting back to stakeholders within Volkswagen.
You’ll also be responsible for line managing and coaching an editorial assistant, who will be supporting you with writing, editing and producing site content.
It’s not an easy brief, but it’s a rewarding position with a high degree of autonomy and creativity - plus, you’ll be joining Wonderly’s team of experienced editors, designers and digital experts, and provided with training and mentoring to help you make the best start in this brilliant role.
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years in B2B or B2C digital publishing, preferably working on digital communications for a major brand or on a busy, high-traffic news website
- Naturally creative, collaborative, curious, diplomatic, empathetic and solution-focused
- The confidence to work in a busy client-facing, corporate office environment, where a calm, positive attitude is vital
- A good understanding of how to manage workloads, time and resources to maximise productivity and impact
- Excellent editorial skills, including writing, sub-editing, page structure and layout, video and multimedia production, and using a content management system
- Solid content strategy skills, particularly the ability to use audience feedback and tools such as Google Analytics to uncover insights that support tactical and strategic decision making
- A keen eye for visual clarity, tone, style and accessibility, so articles are laid out and written in a way that can be easily understood, is respectful of the user’s time, and maximises the content’s effectiveness
- Good understanding of SEO techniques and information architecture, including use of keywords, menus, tags and other metadata to optimise pages for search, so content is easy and intuitive to find and navigate
- The ability to work closely with a digital team to rapidly scope, test and iterate solutions and manage a large, complex website
- Good awareness of and interest in current digital content, automotive and technology trends and innovations
- Line management experience
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.