Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
The Marketing Manager will work as part of a team responsible for creating marketing strategies and plans that will enable us to grow audience and revenue across all marketing channels and meet key success metrics for the Automotive brands (B2C & B2B). To do this you will collaborate with editorial and product teams to ensure the team delivers world-class marketing.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work with the business to understand targets for specific products to develop and execute marketing plans that support commercial objectives
- Champion your marketing plans with your marketing colleagues and key stakeholders across the division, showing tenacity and great communication skills.
- Monitor and understand market trends, consumer behaviours, and competitor activity to help identify opportunities and key issues.
- Adopting a multi-channel approach to acquire new audiences and customers, you will be responsible for implementing, managing, and optimising paid, earned, and owned activities to drive acquisition of highly engaged audiences to the right products. You will also work closely with our dedicated SEO team to ensure that all acquisition strategies are aligned.
- Day-to-day optimisation of campaigns, running tests, collaborating on projects and identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance.
- Manage performance marketing activity (agency led) to drive acquisition and help build highly engaged and loyal audiences.
- Continuous and relentless ad copy testing
- Leverage our internal channels across the Haymarket network, using it as a test bed for creative and messaging testing
- Explore and develop new channels of acquisition, in particular mobile, social media, video
- You will be responsible for delivering retention marketing strategies that will enable us to deepen audience engagement and encourage loyalty.
- Deliver CRM programmes for B2C audiences & B2B customers
- Day-to-day hands-on campaign management, fully utilising Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Working with the Marketing Director and Martech team to define future requirements for effective use of Salesforce marketing cloud
- Working with the Martech team to ensure the customer marketing database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities to enable relevant & personalised marketing messages to customers.
- Development of lifecycle comms and automation strategies eg welcome/onboarding/ownership - ensuring we’re developing strong CRM programmes to improve conversion and/or cross sell to support partnership activity
- You will take shared responsibility for ensuring brand consistency across all platforms.
- Working closely with brand guardians to deliver consistency of brand including tone of voice, visual identity & brand positioning to build brand appeal to target audiences and wider audience segments.
- Brief and work with designers to create marketing collateral including some copywriting where needed
- Developing on-brand, on-message and lead generating B2B marketing assets
Budgeting, reporting & measuring
- Championing a culture of measuring success through rigorous reporting, analysis, and testing across all owned, earned and paid channels
- Ensuring marketing budgets are met and highlighting weaknesses/underperformance
- Compile marketing reports to feed in to executive and divisional reports
- Devise success metrics for the areas you are responsible for and which support Haymarket Automotive objectives
- Provide feedback and analysis on key activity. Understanding return on investment across all channels & campaigns.
- Addressing underperformance and assisting with campaign restructuring where necessary
- You will be responsible for the development of your marketing executive. This includes quarterly reviews, annual appraisals, coaching by you and training (utilising L&D resources)
- You should develop your staff and be prepared to see them move to other, more senior jobs within Haymarket.
- Leading and championing a marketing led ethos across the Haymarket Automotive brands.
- Championing the marketing team internally, building reputation and ensuring that the business understands the team’s raison d'etre
- Proactively monitoring the latest trends, keeping up with latest platform updates, changes, and thought leadership and making suggestions
- Helping to provide input into future activity as well as feed into help support business strategy and direction
- Work with the product and optimisation team to help with any A/B tests where appropriate as well as coming up with ideas on how we can improve products & services
- Working with the other marketing channel managers (SEO) and the procurement team to find the right suppliers and marketing tools
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximising all opportunities for growth.
You are someone who can demonstrate:
- Significant experience in a successful marketing team and a passion for digital marketing
- Ability to think innovatively & strategically and develop plans and adjust to multiple external factors.
- Ability to work as a data informed marketer, looking at data to inform decisions.
- Enthusiasm for our brands
- Plenty of drive and determination
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working using own initiative
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach to your work
- Ability to manage a broad remit from paid subscriptions to e-commerce partnerships
- Innovative - demonstrates new thinking in strategy and execution
- Hands on experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar CRM)
- An understanding of Google Analytics and some level of competence in Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress and other digital platforms.
- Experience with HTML
- Ability to develop a network of internal contacts
- Ability to develop a network of marketing and industry external contacts
- Excellent communication - within the marketing team plus work constructively to win-win with commercial and creative stakeholders.
- An interest in Haymarket’s DE&I network initiatives.
- Project managers, editorial teams, commercial teams, product managers, & third party relationships with suppliers.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.