Event Concept have an exciting opportunity for an Account Lead to join our Client Services team.
Reporting into our Client Director our Account Leads take the strategic lead on client and venue portfolios. Leading a team, they are responsible for ensuring our clients are continually delivered excellence, new business development, and mentoring and coaching their team.
Who are you?
- You’re a people person. You use your well-honed skills to know exactly what is going on in your portfolio and you can predict and proactively manage the ever-evolving needs of your clients and your team.
- You’re a natural line manager. While you may ‘manage’ your team, you know and understand that your success and that of your team are intrinsically linked.
- You’re cool, calm and collected. You’re the person people come to for answers and leave you feeling confident and focussed.
- You’re an experienced event professional, you’ve faced most challenges and you’re not phased by those you’ve yet to face. You’re ready and willing to share your fountain of knowledge with anyone who needs it.
- You’ve extensive client-facing experience, preferably in an agency setting, and have won, managed and developed multiple large accounts.
- As well as supporting your team, you’ll lead your own projects, looping in resource to support where it is needed.
- You have excellent attention to detail and extensive experience in event production.
- You are passionate about creating a wonderful employee experience and actively collaborate with other teams to create harmony and share best practice.
- You love pitching for new business and are adept at managing a pitch team including creatives. You are experienced in interrogating briefs, providing strategic recommendations, writing tight creative briefs that push boundaries, and pulling together innovative pitch proposals.
- You can confidently communicate with stakeholders of all levels and you don’t leave people wondering what’s going on. Open communication is at the heart of your working style.
- You’re happy to share ideas for new initiatives and ways of working and equally happy to hear other people’s ideas.
- Sustainability matters to you. We’ve committed to our 2030 Pledge and we’ll expect you to come on that journey with us.
Day to day
Day to day you will divide your time between delivering events for our clients and supporting your team:
Client management, event delivery and new business development
- Build strong relationships with our existing clients, working with the Client Director to map out strategic account plans to stimulate growth – guiding and assisting your team to do the same
- Supporting the Client Director in managing incoming projects, ensuring they’re qualified and assigned within your team appropriately.
- Responding to our larger RFPs and providing strategic responses to pitches and proposals
- Running and managing your own projects with the support of your team where appropriate
- Manage workload of the team, identifying where and when additional freelance support may be required
- Ensure our budgets are competitive and commercially sound – offering excellent value to our clients, whilst meeting internal targets
- Manage your portfolio pipeline – your finger is on the pulse and you’ve got an idea what’s happening with each and every one of yours and your teams projects
- Regularly reporting to the Client Director on revenue, profit and other key metrics against targets
- Ensure all projects are reconciled accurately and promptly
- Ensuring client feedback is actively gathered and working with the Client Director and your team to work out what’s gone wrong if we haven’t scored a 10 out of 10 and use the learnings to shape future process.
- You’ll be supporting your team with everything from project related questions to pastoral care
- 1-2-1’s, personal development plans, training schedules and other internal activities
- Living our values and leading by example
- Keeping an eye on your team’s wellbeing and proactively managing their needs
- Spending time with your team going over decks, drawings, plans, proposals and generally being their ‘go-to’ for any questions they may have professional or personal
- Ensure all internal processes such as time-sheets and expenses are followed and actioned in a timely fashion
- Acting as an escalation point on projects as required
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure health and safety processes are complied with. You’ll be a champion for RAMS and HSE and ensure none of it gets dropped when we are busy.
- Working closely with the Culture Director by championing our people and planet processes within the client services team
We are a values driven organisation and they play an important part of our culture:
- Do more with less: Environmental sustainability is one of our core strategic pillars. We have an ambitious environmental 2030 pledge and we will expect you to commit to coming on that journey with us, professionally and personally.
- Creative ingenuity: Creativity exists as a red thread through everything we do, from our very visible creative concepts to finding new and creative ways to solve complex problems and evolve internal process.
- Always excellent: We deliver excellence to our clients and that requirement filters through to every element of our culture. Our technical excellence and attention to detail underpins all we do (… but that doesn’t mean we don’t take calculated risks!)
- Passionately proud: We are immensely proud of our team and they are equally proud of the company they work for.
- Talk: We operate a safe and inclusive environment. Awareness and understanding of every individuals lived experience is valued. We talk openly about hard things. We will ask you to do the same.
- What’s next?: If the last year has taught us anything, it is that we can never know what’s around the corner. We always have one eye on the horizon and are continually asking ourselves … what’s next?
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!