Are you an enthusiastic and creative campaigner? Are you passionate about the countryside and achieving positive social and environmental change?
This countryside charity is looking for a campaigner to join their fast-paced, supportive and driven campaigns team. The new Campaigns Officer will work alongside colleagues to develop and coordinate effective public mobilisation campaigns aimed at influencing national policy.
Job ref: CO
Salary: Circa £28,000 per year (depending on experience)
Location: London N1 7NH office based, but there is the ability to work 2-3 days from home
As the charity near the mid-point of their latest strategy, their award-winning campaigns are going from strength to strength. The charity has an exciting few years ahead in the campaigns team and the wider charity as they work to embed more diverse, inclusive, and progressive ways of working into impactful campaigning.
The campaigns team work on a broad range of topics including:
- Hedgerows - calling on the government to expand and restore the hedgerows network to mitigate climate change.
- Renewable energy - calling on the government to triple onshore wind and solar energy to tackle the energy and cost of living crisis and for solar energy, to make the most of the space we have on our domestic and commercial roofs.
- Planning - campaigning against the government’s damaging proposals to dismantle the planning system and for a planning system that puts communities, homes people can afford and our climate at its heart.
- A countryside for all - breaking down barriers to accessing the countryside for marginalised groups.
The Campaigns Officer will:
- Work on progressive campaigns striving for a countryside that enriches all our lives.
- Gain opportunities to work across the environmental and climate sector and help form wider partnerships with diverse groups across the campaigning landscape.
- Work with different people and teams within the charity, coordinating activities around campaign moments.
- Join a team that values diversity, is committed to justice and is full of energy for their work.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 9 June 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 21 June 2022
To apply, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.