Account Manager (emp comms)
Our client is a leading employee communications agency, which is focused on helping some of the world’s most exciting brands deliver on their promises. They think like business people, act like creatives and produce measurable results.
Their Engagement Practice comprises of three core disciplines; consulting, creative and project management and their unique way of working brings these three specialisms together to collaborate and co-create at every stage of a project. This role is based in our clients London office. Their clients are typically FTSE 100.
Reporting to the Director of Engagement the role holder will support delivery and development of global multi-channel engagement strategies that help clients to achieve their business goals and help them deliver against their brand promises.
Experience Level desired:
- Already working at Project Manager or Account Manager level.
- Experience of working with senior level executives.
- Confident handling budgets ranging from £50,000 to £500,000.
- Experience of running complex communication/ engagement campaigns.
- Engagement or internal communications experienced is of interest but not a must-have.
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
- What you’ll get:
- High-profile rewarding projects that combine strategy, creativity and flawless execution to have a tangible and positive impact on clients’ businesses.
- A sociable team environment with parties, regular team meetings, including a weekly huddle that ensures that the whole team is up to date, pub quizzes, daily fresh fruit and over-flowing biscuit tins.
- The opportunity to be involved in our charity partnerships.
- The Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and delivers an outcome that is outlined in the approved scope.
- They will be responsible for effectively estimating and managing costs and project expenditure, timescales and managing resource requirements working with Creative and Consultancy on the right solution for the client.
- They will contribute to campaign development, collaborating with Creative and Consultancy.
- They will be responsible for proactively escalating risks & issues, and facilitating dialogue that addresses any problems.
- The role holder will be responsible for Stakeholder Management that communicates plans, priorities, and the project status to relevant stakeholders, steering committee, executive sponsor and the project team members.
- They will report and maintain key information on the current status of all projects and provide project visibility to the internal team members in a common and consistent manner. They will also be responsible for defining, agreeing and implementing relevant process improvements based on project delivery performance.
- They will work with the wider engagement practice to plan resource on a weekly and longer-term basis, identifying the type of resource required and allocating teams per project against the deliverables and budget
- The role holder will be responsible for sharing budgetary information and providing forecasts on their key accounts to the Managing Partner.
Essential Experience :
- Excellent client handling skills with a proven track record of working with and influencing senior executives within large corporates.
- A strong team player with the ability to lead a project team and take projects from conception through to flawless delivery.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with third party providers on both delivery and financials.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Experience of leading large complex and global projects with multi-media components – including creative, video, live events, online and print.
- A robust understanding of the production process for all communications deliverables e.g. video, events, creative, print, and online.
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills.
- The ability to identify, assess and manage risk to ensure successful delivery of large-scale projects or events.
- A track record of leading multi-discipline teams.
- A strong track record of delivering innovative and creative ideas and ability to push new concepts / ideas through to execution.
- Ability to work as part of a global and sometimes geographically disparate team.
- Ability to deliver from a strategic and hands on perspective.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration, hand offs, and pick ups between project deliverables with a solid understanding of interdependencies.
- Experience of digital and social media and how it can enhance campaign activity.
- Experience of researching new technologies and ways of working.
- Ability to write clear scopes of work.
- Creative/ innovative
- Commercially aware.
- Degree educated or above – desirable
- Project management qualifications (Prince 2 or similar) – desirable
- Working use of all Microsoft packages, including Microsoft project or similar scheduling programmes (e.g. SmartSheet).