Senior Partnerships Manager
Senior Partnerships Manager - Maternity Cover
Our Senior Partnerships Manager is dedicated to proactively developing a pipeline of long term, strategic and high value corporate partnerships, which drive income and brand awareness for the Roald Dahl brand, in line with the wider business strategy.
This maternity cover role is perfect for a passionate Roald Dahl fan who understands the power of brand and takes great satisfaction in matching suitable partners to collaborate with and deliver best in class campaigns.
What you’ll do
- Proactively develop relationships with prospective corporate partners and brand agencies, with a view to building a long-term pipeline of commercial partnership opportunities
- Deliver and manage through high worth contracts with quality partners who are a strong strategic fit with the Roald Dahl brand
- Work to diversify and strengthen the value proposition for investing partners linked to the Roald Dahl brand as a whole and business focus areas
- Ongoing creation of partnership pitch materials with a real lens on creative concepts – 2023 onwards will be a focus with upcoming business critical projects and new assets
- Lead on deal brokering and negotiation of contractual terms
- Manage and lead on brand immersions with top tier partners
- Oversee all stages of partnership campaign management – from creative concepting, multiple versions of artwork, storyboard script, costume and set design review (where relevant) – right through to final approvals
- Work with other key departments to deliver the partnerships – Licensing, Legal, Marketing, Design and Publishing in particular
- Work on sustaining and building industry presence
- Proactively build and maintain the partnerships long-term strategy in order to drive long-term commercial growth
- Line Management of FT Partnerships Assistant, FT Junior Campaign Manager and PT Partnerships Consultant
- Such other duties and responsibilities as we may notify you of from time to time
What you’ll bring
- A tenacious networker with strong existent business and agency relationships in the partnerships/licensing/entertainment/consumer brand industries
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to drive revenue and creative excellence
- Understanding of brand management and ability to select partners and shape activities which are sensitive to wider brand priorities and strategic plans
- Strong ability in balancing internal and external expectations when it comes to co-branded creative content
- Experience and knowledge of the partnerships, licensing and/or brand and entertainment industries
- Proven track record in crafting high worth, complex multi partner campaigns which drive significant income and positively impact brand awareness
- Extensive experience of balancing multiple expectations internally and externally and confidence in having challenging conversations in order to get there
- A passionate Roald Dahl Fan
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Contract: Maternity Cover
- Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 18.00
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Marylebone, London
- Closing date: Ongoing, we will close the advert once the role has been filled
- Website: https://www.roalddahl.com/
- Twitter: @roald_dahl
- Instagram: roald_dahl
Why join us?
We really care for our team – from instructor led weekly exercise classes to rolling out flexi-time and hybrid working to further encourage a positive work/life balance for all. We’ve also put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy, including a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries.
The Senior Partnerships Manager (Maternity Cover) will also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rated accordingly) and company social events.
The Roald Dahl Story Company (RDSC) protects and grows the cultural value of Roald Dahl stories, with its unique breadth of characters and worlds. With 300 million books sold and 1 new book sold every 2.6 seconds, Roald Dahl stories continue to grow in popularity globally, attracting new audiences with innovative new developments in book, entertainment and beyond.
The last few years have been a period of rapid growth with recent successes including a licensing collaboration with M&S, the 10-year anniversary of Matilda The Musical in the West End, plus a slate of new movies including a Wonka prequel and the film adaptation of Matilda The Musical. Acquired by Netflix in October 2021, RDSC is poised to extend its portfolio with a Roald Dahl animated universe, immersive experience, new publishing, more West End & Broadway hits, and a global brand presence in licensing and partnerships. This is an exciting time for you to be joining our team!
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter summarising why you are interested in this role and how you meet the requirements within the person specification to our HR team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
You can download the job specification by following this link:
The Roald Dahl Story Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We kindly ask for applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring questionnaire as part of their application.
The information that you provide will not be used to influence our recruitment decisions. Please notify us if you require any adjustments in order for you to be able to complete the application and/or interview process.
Take a look at our privacy notice for details regarding how your personal data will be handled for the purpose of recruitment and selection.