Talent Attraction Partner - Recruitment Marketing & Communications
We are looking to appoint an experienced Recruitment Marketing & Communications specialist to join the Harris Federation’s growing Talent Attraction & Resourcing (TA&R) Team. As our Senior Talent Attraction Manager, you will be at the forefront of employer branding and recruitment marketing within the Federation.
This post offers autonomy, freedom to innovate and the chance to lead on the development and implementation of an attraction strategy that covers entry level hires up to executive leadership. It is a very hands-on role that covers the entire marketing mix. You will be working across email marketing, PPC, SEO, Content marketing, social media, print and much more to help build the Federation’s employer brand and support a range of recruitment activities including staff recruitment, CPD, teacher training, events and student admissions.
This post offers great growth potential and the opportunity to expand into other areas of the Federation including admissions, sixth form marketing, academy branding and wider Federation initiatives and projects. It would suit a creative individual who can work both strategically while also being hands on in order to develop a long-term employer brand strategy, and create highly engaging, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns.
We are looking for a talented and creative individual who is passionate about marketing, and communications, and who has a genuine interest to work in the Education sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to see the direct impact of how effective marketing and recruitment advertising can play a key role in the continued success of our academies.
The Harris Federation is a pioneering not for profit education charity, and one of the leading Multi Academy Trusts in the country. We now have 51 primary and secondary academies across London and Essex, employing over 5,000 staff and educating some 40,000 young people.
We have, over the past thirty years, implemented ideas and initiatives that have transformed the opportunities of pupils from working class and disadvantaged backgrounds. Harris academies are widely recognised as a force for social mobility and we are immensely proud of the role that our alumni are now beginning to play in the world, and of what we believe our current generation of pupils will go on to achieve.
Our Talent Attraction & Resourcing (TA&R) Team is responsible for the Federation talent acquisition strategy, working to promote career opportunities, our Employer Value Proposition and attract the very best talent.
We offer flexible working in the form of "Core Hours" and potential for hybrid working. In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As the marketing specialist in the team, you will lead on creating and developing a range of marketing activities, content and communications to enhance our brand reach, and evolve our strategy to help identify, attract, engage and secure talent.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Attraction & Resourcing, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a Digital Marketing strategy and goals in line with the TA&R team objectives
- Implement the compliant and effective use of e-mail marketing to generate leads, improve conversions and engage staff
- Develop a content marketing strategy to improve the candidate experience both at application stages and onboarding/induction
- Develop powerful content, resources and channels to communicate Federation vision & values, ethos, culture and promote our Employer Value Proposition
- Build persuasive, evidence-based cases for marketing activity across new and existing channels
- Research audiences, preferences and trends in order to optimise marketing and re-marketing
- Develop the use of programmatic and paid social (PPC) campaigns across all our platforms (LinkedIn, Google, Facebook/Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
- Monitor campaigns to ensure they are optimised to meet targets and budgets
- Build strong and trusted relationships with leadership teams in academies to help develop and deploy more local marketing within the local community
- Produce regular blog articles, newsletters and informative digital content to showcase our people and achievements across the Federation
- Maintain an up-to-date careers website and ensure content is accurate, regularly refreshed and fully optimised for SEO and candidate experience
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to enhance the relevancy of our marketing, tracking, conversions and ultimately to contribute to team objectives
- Research engaging and informative topics to produce creative writing/content relating to Education, with a particular focus on teacher recruitment and development
Qualifications & Experience
We’re looking for someone who shares our commitment to excellence and collaboration, and who can build new and innovative talent attraction campaigns across a range of recruitment streams. We want to hear from people who:
- Significant experience in marketing, communications and brand management
- A proven track record in delivering high-performing high-value campaigns
- Strong experience is creating managing PPC advertising
- Sound knowledge and experience of Google AdWords
- Previous experience creating sponsored/promoted content on platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook/Instagram
- Previous experience of Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and/or similar editing software
- Can demonstrate the knowledge and ability to balance creativity with insights and data to inform decision-making Knowledgeable and passionate about education, and an interest in employer branding, communications and talent acquisition
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Up to date knowledge of social media technologies
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We may hold interviews as applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website before the closing deadline.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Harry Bond, Head of Talent, via e-mail: email@example.com
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.