Head of New Business - Sports Marketing Agency
We’re delighted to be working with a multi-award winning digital and social media agency specialising in sport.
Partnering with a wide range of brands, governing bodies, teams and rights holders they develop and execute strategies to grow and inspire new audiences through sport.
Their partner roster includes; Major football tournaments, Formula One Teams, Formula E teams, major sports governing bodies, Basketball clients, Volleyball clients, Airline sponsors, the list goes on!
They are looking for a Senior Marketing and New Business professional with experience in global agency marketing, reputation building, driving pitches and generating new business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director, create, own and deliver the strategy for new business
- Provide strategic oversight and ownership of the end to end agency pitch processes, continuing to raise standards and consistency
- Passionate about the building the agency brand, adding value at every stage of the pitch process and celebrating the great work and wins we deliver.
- Providing thought leadership on client, business and sector challenges and opportunities
- Increasing external awareness of the agency brand internally and externally through partners, press, media, client community, intermediaries
- Establishing the fee for pitches with the finance team and Leadership Team
- Achieve the ambitious growth targets
- Identifying event opportunities to target prospective clients
- Works closely with the Operations Lead to proactively manage new business team resource
- Partners with the Agency Leadership Team to develop potential client relationships built on trust, open dialogue and mutual respect
- Line management of Senior Business Development Manager and Business Development Coordinator
The successful candidate will need:
- Extensive experience working in an agency environment or similar
- The ability to inspire and motivate teams through positivity and an unrivaled depth of knowledge of the potential client’s business
- To communicates effectively in verbal and written form, professionally and in a transparent manner
- An entrepreneurial approach, identifies new opportunities and areas of commercial growth for the agency and its clients
- To champion the agencies capabilities and connects these with our potential clients’ needs
- To thrive working in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- An appetite for continuous improvement and learning
- An extensive track record of pitching for and winning new business
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms, methodologies, measurement and technique
- A keen interest in emerging trends and technologies
- Potential existing client contact base a plus
Please note new business experience gained in an Advertising Agency is essential for this role