Account Manager - Food and Drink
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our busy food and drink marketing agency in London.
You will ideally have some food/drink PR and marketing experience gained either in-house or agency side.
You are energetic, creative, solution-focused and have a love of the world of food and drink.
It’s an exciting time to be joining this creative marketing team where you will be working on an interesting and diverse roster of multi-market clients and the opportunity to work on world-class projects.
- Contribute to the implementation of the agency's commercial strategy
- Build the marketing/communication strategy and associated action plans for clients either on a 360° basis using your own expertise or under the guidance of your manager.
- Implement client communication / marketing plans
- Participate in the development and retention of clients
- Adhere to the net profitability framework of the agency
- Implement approved marketing/communication plans across all marketing and communications disciplines including PR and digital.
- Develop your network of media, trade, and influencers.
- Develop on-message, accurate written materials such as press releases, newsletters, collateral copy, and media pitches.
- Coordinate external service providers. Optimise the production/net margin.
- Advancing in-house knowledge and expertise withing the agency across all disciplines, including digital
- Systematically and appropriately use group and agency management and reporting tools (worklist, budget monitoring)
- Identify commercial opportunities and develop them on portfolio and prospects.
- Participate in commercial development through unsolicited approaches, responses to RFPs or competitive bids.
- Manage commercial activities to ensure optimal net profitability
- Manage and maintain your client portfolio. Maintain excellent client relations. Monitor your indicators.
- Monitor trends and contribute to communication strategies for clients
- Designing and drafting proposals based on internal and external expertise under the supervision of your manager.
- Monitor client budgets by optimising costs, margins, and net profitability
- Ensure budget monitoring, customer, and internal reporting (landing)
- Monitor the gross and net margins of its campaigns on an ongoing basis. Propose any corrective measures.
- Optimise purchases and maintain relations with subcontractors.
Facts and Figures
- You will manage 4 to 5 annual budgets per year
- Average value of budgets managed is between £120k - £500k
- You will respond or contribute to 3-6 new business proposals per year
- You will report to the Senior Account Director
- Good knowledge of strategy, communications and marketing: 4+ years’ experience in PR / marketing agencies (food & drinks, lifestyle) preferred
- An existing network of media and/or trade contacts
- Mastery of communication techniques on the various 360° channels
- Good knowledge of the client's market and their issues
- Mastery of project coordination
- Good negotiation skills (suppliers & clients)
- Commercial know-how
- Optimisation of budgets
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and changes in the media, marketing and communications landscape
- Excellent copy writing skills and oral expression, native English or bilingual (French, Spanish or Italian would be a bonus)
- Ability to develop a network of external trade and media contacts
- Deep understanding of the environment and general culture of the food and drinks industry
- Ability to prioritise
- Forward-thinking, strong planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to manage relations with different interlocutors including client presentations
- Ease of verbal and written expression
- Sense of analysis and synthesis
- Flexibility and patience
- Anticipation, planning and organisation
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good resistance to pressure
- Strength of conviction
- Good time management and work ethic
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to stand back and view the bigger picture