Sustainability Consultant (comms.)
Our client is hiring for a newly-created position as a Sustainability Communications Consultant within their insights and research team. Candidate will work on a wide range of communications projects with some of the world’s leading brands, helping them to articulate their sustainability strategies and develop and deliver highly-engaging campaigns through digital, social and print media. In this role, you will work closely with clients to help understand their sustainability challenges, develop impactful solutions that help them stand out from the crowd and deliver world- class communications that resonate with globally diverse stakeholder audiences.
- To work with clients in developing sustainability frameworks that present their sustainability strategies in a clear and meaningful way
- To develop highly effective communications plans that deliver clients’ sustainability strategies and programmes across channels, either as one-off campaigns over short or longer timeframes or as content on websites or in reports.
- To work with creative teams to develop stunning visual and verbal idents for sustainability strategies that incorporate clear narratives and powerful messaging that help to differentiate clients from their peers.
- To lead stakeholder engagement activities on behalf of clients including interviews, workshops, focus groups and surveys.
- To conduct deep-dive research into the sustainability communications of clients to assess their current communications approach, content and overall effectiveness.
- To help present the agencies wider sustainability communications offer to existing the agencies clients and demonstrate the value of developing an impactful communications framework and plan, beyond simply disclosing or reporting data and information
- To help pitch for and win new business and meet the agencies ambitious sustainability proposition growth plans
- To manage and develop the agencies own sustainability insight and engagement research and benchmarking toolkit and methodologies.
- To contribute to the development of the agencies impressive thought leadership and editorial productions.
- To provide guidance, education, support and expertise to internal teams as required, ensuring the account teams are well equipped to drive discussions with clients
Skills and experience
- At least five years’ experience in sustainability roles, preferably in communications, reporting or strategy
- Degree-level qualification in either sustainability or communications preferred although strong experience and skillset is most important
- History of working with multinational organisations to develop sustainability strategies, plans and engagement campaigns
- Knowledge of key trends in sustainability communications – key issues, engagement channels, stakeholder segmentation (e.g. investors, customers, employees, communities, NGOs, supply chain)
- Comfortable presenting to (often large) groups of people usually at meetings, workshops or conferences
- Strong problem understanding and solving skills, particularly relating to the articulation of strategic approaches and successfully delivering impactful communications
Apply for Sustainability Consultant (comms.)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly