Our client is a Creative Marketing Agency that works within the Food/Service industry are looking for a Design Director.
Based in Surrey
Your role will be someone who keeps on top of trends in various fields like branding, digital art, advertising, and marketing. They are responsible for running various creative projects simultaneously that will meet the needs of a client across all design platforms and media.
As the creative leader they should inspire others across the agency and oversee and support the design team to deliver a high standard of work. Directors at this level within the agency are hands-on creative counsellors and should be engaged with strategy or senior leaders at the start of a creative process.
- Strategically involved in business decisions that impact the business and drive growth
- Be client facing from start to finish on projects, agreeing briefs, strategy and approach to work for Campaigns and ReBrands
- Commercially aware with an understanding of project time vs budget
- Collaborating work between teams and managers
- Presenting new and revised work to clients, or internally
- Giving final approval on all 'high-value' design or conceptual work it before it leaves the building.
- Providing hands-on feedback to team members
- Setting creative and strategic goals for team
- Driving creative decisions using team-building feedback
- Making sure best practices are followed on all client projects
- Meeting team and client deadlines, even if it means working extended hours.
- Inspirational leader with a positive solution based mindset
- Able to make key decisions quickly and effectively with authority and confidence.
- Empowers team members to continually challenge the status quo.
- Personable and takes the time to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to have open conversations with clients and colleagues and providing honest views.
- A pasison for design, mentoring and getting the best from people.
· An excellent communicator who can actively and effectively listen.
· Strong conceptual problem-solving abilities.
· Integrated campaign development expertise.
· Expert knowledge of creative software inc Adobe CC.
· Able to lead a team effectively, inspiring a culture of high performace whilst ensuring team and client satisfaction.
· Highly motivated and intrinsically driven to succeed.
· Adaptable in response to changing circumstances and client requirements / demands.
The experience this role requires is:
· Have led and developed a high performing teams.
· Minimum of 15+ years' experience in a Design Director/Art Director role (either in an agency or in-house)
· Has experience of managing senior stakeholders within a business.
· Solid working knowledge of design and UX principles
· In depth knowledge of the food service industry.
· Moving Image experience
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.